The F1 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• Perez very clearly had a lot of space on the outside and while that may have lost him a place or two at that bend- he would still be in the race.  Dumb move.
    Danni Ric drove a great race and must not be on his way to the Red Bull fitting room.
    The other thing that struck us was the speed of Max's car.  it's still a league above everyone else despite upgrades and improvements made by the other teams.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ColsCols Frets: 7701
    Crying shame for Perez; he got a magnificent start, Leclerc left him the outside line all to himself… but then he decided he’d like the rest of the track as well.
  • Bit of a sickener for Perez, but think it's a bit harsh to blame him too much. He wouldn't have been able to see that they were 3 abreast going into the turn and that Charles had nowhere to go. Bit over-optimistic perhaps, but just a racing incident. 

Aside from the usual Max procession there was some good racing throughout the pack which kept it entertaining throughout. Cracking stuff from Lando and also a very goof race from Lewis. 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28680
    Bit of a sickener for Perez, but think it's a bit harsh to blame him too much. He wouldn't have been able to see that they were 3 abreast going into the turn and that Charles had nowhere to go. Bit over-optimistic perhaps, but just a racing incident. 

Aside from the usual Max procession there was some good racing throughout the pack which kept it entertaining throughout. Cracking stuff from Lando and also a very goof race from Lewis. 
    I might agree, if Sky hadn't showed Max make exactly the same move stick in 2022, not 10 minutes before the lights went out. 

I get that it's a home race and he was great off the line, but you can't dive for the apex of T1 when you know there is at least 1 driver on the inside, and especially when one of those is Max (never mind Charles!)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    Far-fetched rumour of the week - Aston Martin to be sold off by Pop Stroll to a Saudi investment fund, Perez to return to his old team and Alonso to slot into the second Red Bull seat.

Given the rumour concerning Perez announcing his retirement at the Mexico GP didn’t pan out, I’m not giving this one much credence.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I could see PIF buying into AM - that makes total sense for both parties and gives Lawrence more of a lever to move Lance one without looking like it's him telling his kid no. 

I doubt Horner or Marko would want Alonso though. As much as I want that I just don't see the value, unless Max specifically asks for it to prove himself against one of the very best then naff off to WEC or whatever he fancies next
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Agreed - in the context of Red Bull, Alonso would be both expensive and troublesome.  I’m sure Fernando would absolutely love it, but Horner wouldn’t enjoy a return to the Webber/Vettel conflicts.

More likely - if Pop Stroll is cashing in - would be Lance deciding he wants to be a professional tennis player instead and Perez taking his seat.

Cols said:
    Agreed - in the context of Red Bull, Alonso would be both expensive and troublesome.  I’m sure Fernando would absolutely love it, but Horner wouldn’t enjoy a return to the Webber/Vettel conflicts.

More likely - if Pop Stroll is cashing in - would be Lance deciding he wants to be a professional tennis player instead and Perez taking his seat.

Now that I could 100% see happening.  
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25495
    Cols said:
    Far-fetched rumour of the week - Aston Martin to be sold off by Pop Stroll to a Saudi investment fund, Perez to return to his old team and Alonso to slot into the second Red Bull seat.

Given the rumour concerning Perez announcing his retirement at the Mexico GP didn’t pan out, I’m not giving this one much credence.

That's some Eddie Jordan level nonsense there!

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25495

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

IMG_6817.jpeg 226.8K
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Looks like I'll be at Bas Marina this year. Didn't get grandstands but will go sit on the hill in the middle at least on Sunday. And more importantly the Foo Fighters are playing after! :D 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 14201
    edited November 2023
    Looking forward to seeing those shiny F1 car screaming down Las Vegas Boulevard in a couple of weeks...setting the alarm for 4:30am and we're planning a fry up and have a couple of cans Guinness for the 6am start to see the cars race among the lights of Vegas. Watching it on the 65" OLED TV with soundbar up loud.

Hope it's going to be a good one

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BrioBrio Frets: 2245
    Looking forward to seeing those shiny F1 car screaming down Las Vegas Boulevard in a couple of weeks...setting the alarm for 4:30am and we're planning a fry up and have a couple of cans Guinness for the 6am start to see the cars race among the lights of Vegas. Watching it on the 65" OLED TV with soundbar up loud.

Hope it's going to be a good one
    If it doesn't match the end half of Con Air I'll be most upset...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • euaneuan Frets: 1942
    Looks like I'll be at Bas Marina this year. Didn't get grandstands but will go sit on the hill in the middle at least on Sunday. And more importantly the Foo Fighters are playing after! :D 
    Fingers crossed for you the rumours about it being cancelled aren’t true 
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 5201
    edited November 2023
    Wow, I mean I knew he was a cunt, but jeez he's actually a proper cunt isn't he:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/67303406

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • PennPenn Frets: 760
    edited November 2023
    Boromedic said:
    Wow, I mean I knew he was a cunt, but jeez he's actually proper cunt isn't he:

Yes Max is 100% a prick. Then and again Perez isn’t really good enough to be in that car. I don’t want Ricardo back in it either.  I want to see someone who can wipe the floor with Max in the other seat just to show him up for what he is. 

Far as I’m concerned Max isn’t a world champion. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 5201
    edited November 2023
    Penn said:
    Boromedic said:

Yes Max is 100% a prick. Then and again Perez isn’t really good enough to be in that car. I don’t want Ricardo back in it either.  I want to see someone who can wipe the floor with Max in the other seat just to show him up for what he is. 

Na, I respectfully disagree TBF, he's a two time champion and a top drawer driver all things being equal. Problem is aside from the nasty prick Piquet, he's got the worst attitude to go with his justifiable arrogance, he is that good. His performances over the last two seasons have been great, yes he's in the best car granted, but he's made the most of the opportunity either way. He's also there because he's good enough. 

He didn't win in 21 despite what others want to say, he cheated through chunks of the season and then was gifted it by the stewards and Masi. He's not a classy guy, but he's a superb driver.

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    Boromedic said:

Real team player, that boy.

The difficulty is: at the current level of performance for Perez, Verstappen would almost have to reverse down the track to be in a position to let Checo past and run interference for him.

That being said, I have absolutely no doubt that if they were running 1-2 and Perez needed the win to secure second place, Max would be a dick and go for the win himself.
  • PennPenn Frets: 760
    Boromedic said:
    Penn said:
    Boromedic said:

Na, I respectfully disagree TBF, he's a two time champion and a top drawer driver all things being equal. Problem is aside from the nasty prick Piquet, he's got the worst attitude to go with his justifiable arrogance, he is that good. His performances over the last two seasons have been great, yes he's in the best car granted, but he's made the most of the opportunity either way. He's also there because he's good enough. 

He didn't win in 21 despite what others want to say, he cheated through chunks of the season and then was gifted it by the stewards and Masi. He's not a classy guy, but he's a superb driver.
    Way I see it is he was gifted the first championship and the team cheated the budget cap for the other two. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom