The F1 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 5201
    Penn said:
    Boromedic said:
    Penn said:
    Boromedic said:
    Wow, I mean I knew he was a cunt, but jeez he's actually proper cunt isn't he:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/67303406
    Yes Max is 100% a prick. Then and again Perez isn’t really good enough to be in that car. I don’t want Ricardo back in it either.  I want to see someone who can wipe the floor with Max in the other seat just to show him up for what he is. 

Far as I’m concerned Max isn’t a world champion. 
    Na, I respectfully disagree TBF, he's a two time champion and a top drawer driver all things being equal. Problem is aside from the nasty prick Piquet, he's got the worst attitude to go with his justifiable arrogance, he is that good. His performances over the last two seasons have been great, yes he's in the best car granted, but he's made the most of the opportunity either way. He's also there because he's good enough. 

He didn't win in 21 despite what others want to say, he cheated through chunks of the season and then was gifted it by the stewards and Masi. He's not a classy guy, but he's a superb driver.
    Way I see it is he was gifted the first championship and the team cheated the budget cap for the other two. 
    Fair do's I can see your point :)

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 5201
    Cols said:
    Boromedic said:
    Wow, I mean I knew he was a cunt, but jeez he's actually proper cunt isn't he:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/67303406
    Real team player, that boy.

The difficulty is: at the current level of performance for Perez, Verstappen would almost have to reverse down the track to be in a position to let Checo past and run interference for him.

That being said, I have absolutely no doubt that if they were running 1-2 and Perez needed the win to secure second place, Max would be a dick and go for the win himself.
    Ain't that the truth!!

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

• thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 3026
    edited November 2023
    Did anybody watch the sprint - darn fine race.

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 8094
    Yes some fab tussles.

But what it is with Lando going backwards on first laps. I’d love to see some stats - he must be ‘leading’ that particular stat. 
    Red ones are better. 
  • Yeah good sprint this time. Does it mean we'll get a worse race though? 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25495
    Odds on Lance forgetting to brake and taking out Max and Charles at the first turn?

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

Yeah good sprint this time. Does it mean we'll get a worse race though? 
    Dunno - it seems as though the DRS was pretty powerful but also that there are multiple places to overtake if there is a grip offset so could get interesting 
    Red ones are better. 
  • Well that was slightly silly formation lack and first lap. Taxi for Charles!!  :o
    Thought Fernando and Perez were going to crash toward the end there 
    Red ones are better. 
  • Good race - but I want to know what happened to the Merc.  It seemed to be going backwards at some points.

• ColsCols Frets: 7701
    Good race - but I want to know what happened to the Merc.  It seemed to be going backwards at some points.
    They chose to run a very conservative ride height to prevent a repeat of Hamilton’s disqualification in Austin.  

In order to compensate for the reduction in underbody downforce, they whacked on the world’s biggest rear wing. This meant they got mugged all the way down the straights, and the mechanical set-up gave them serious rear tyre degradation, making them slow through the corners as well.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Haas are appealing the race result on the grounds of unpunished track limit infringements!

Perez, Albon, Stroll are mentioned.

• Haas are appealing the race result on the grounds of unpunished track limit infringements!

I think that's the previous race - Albon can't have done many track limits infringements as he didn't get round T1! 
    Ah - could be!

Still - nice to see they are doing it properly, rather than Massa wanting a do-over about 15 years too late.

• Ah - could be!

Still - nice to see they are doing it properly, rather than Massa wanting a do-over about 15 years too late.
    Yeah I saw some clips at the time from Albon's car. He was cutting one of the lefts really massively, but it's possible that it's tight enough that his front wheels would be back onto the tarmac before the rears were fully off it. But I haven't seen enough angles to know

It's good that it's being raised though - the rules have got be applied equally otherwise what's the point.
  • Cig35Cig35 Frets: 63
    Haas are appealing the race result on the grounds of unpunished track limit infringements!

I think that's the previous race - Albon can't have done many track limits infringements as he didn't get round T1! 
    Not even the previous one (Mexico) but the Austin one… :s
  • FP1 suspended halfway after a manhole cover on the strip lifted and cracked Sainz's floor. Huge issue and likely to be one of many. Kravitz was reporting it was welded in properly but the concrete/cement around it wasn't strong enough so even the surrounding section lifted along with the cover itself. Yay for American infrastructure....

I still don't understand why anyone thought racing in Vegas was a good idea beyond oodles of money (which seems to have gone wrong as well, based on the number of reports of unsold tickets and hotel prices plummeting this week)
  • Video here - https://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/comments/17x78pz/sainzs_catastrophic_car_failure/

I won't embed a YouTube clip as it'll probably get removed quickly anyway

• ColsCols Frets: 7701
    Yikes.  That’s going to be a hell of a job to check every manhole cover along nearly 4 miles of road.

Wasn’t it the Dallas Grand Prix in the 80s where the track started to disintegrate as soon as the cars began first practice?

• Be interesting to know how many man hole covers there are around the circuit.

At this point it doesn’t give much time for repair, not by conventional methods.

Hope they get it sorted but at an unfamiliar circuit they really need the practise time.
    I hope we don’t get a 2005 US GP scenario, or worse.

in this day and age they should probably put temporary recessed covers over utilities and tarmac over them.