The F1 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 3287
    tFB Trader
    Track and atmosphere looks amazing. Love it.

40 manhole covers need repairing before any track action can resume, but the roads are due to reopen to traffic at 4am local time. It won't happen.
    *I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ColsCols Frets: 7701
    Saint’s floor is destroyed as a result and Ocon needs a new chassis.  That’ll be expensive.
  • I honestly hope this whole event is a massive failure… 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4263
    I honestly hope this whole event is a massive failure… 
    Agreed, too many races in a season and the only reason there are  3 races in the US is down to Corporate Greed and not the Sport 
  • Cols said:
    Saint’s floor is destroyed as a result and Ocon needs a new chassis.  That’ll be expensive.
    Must have been a heck of a whack. Hope his back/backside is ok! 

I wonder who is liable for paying for the hefty repair bill; the promoters? The FIA?
  • RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 3287
    edited November 2023 tFB Trader
    Dontgiveupyourdayjob said:

I wonder who is liable for paying for the hefty repair bill; the promoters? The FIA?
    In motorsport, the car owner (or driver) is responsible for their own damage regardless of fault or circumstance. That's why Fred is raging.
    *I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RiftAmps said:

In motorsport, the car owner (or driver) is responsible for their own damage regardless of fault or circumstance. That's why Fred is raging.

It's destroyed his engine and battery as well, so does he have enough left to get him through this weekend and Abu Dhabi? Seems very unfair if he gets a penalty for going over his allotted limit of parts through no fault of his own.
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• Aaaaand apparently the grandstands are all shut because they don't have the staff - ALL the grandstands. I assume they maybe did have staff but had to send them home because it was delayed? Still hilarious. 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/formula-1/las-vegas-gp-fans-practice-31461650

This is genuinely incredible (in a bad way!) and exactly what FOM deserves after all the multi-year bluster

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Still - at least Ocon’s got an awesome helmet design for this weekend.

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25495
    Sainz has a 10 place penalty for changing powertrain parts even though it was the drain cover that damaged them.

Stewards say the rules do not allow them to make exceptions.

What a clusterfuck.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Tricky one.

On one hand, it sucks that he gets penalised for something which was ultimately the fault of the race organisers.

On the other hand, getting a nice new bonus engine would actually benefit Sainz in this race and the next ones.
  • The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Aaaaand apparently the grandstands are all shut because they don't have the staff - ALL the grandstands. I assume they maybe did have staff but had to send them home because it was delayed? Still hilarious. 
    Apparently all the security staff in Vegas are unionised, and the unions have very strict rules about maximum working time.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/formula-1/las-vegas-gp-fans-practice-31461650

This is genuinely incredible (in a bad way!) and exactly what FOM deserves after all the multi-year bluster

Not only were the grandstands and fan zones closed, but those in them were moved out by the police and threatened with arrest for trespassing if they didn’t step along smartly.

Premium ticket prices for Vegas, but so far not a premium fan experience.
  • Cig35Cig35 Frets: 63
    RiftAmps said:

True, but for the two similar accidents I can remember, Grosjean/Malaysia and Russell/Baku, I think the track/promoter had an insurance that reimbursed Haas and Williams for the damages?
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25495
    Cig35 said:
    RiftAmps said:

True, but for the two similar accidents I can remember, Grosjean/Malaysia and Russell/Baku, I think the track/promoter had an insurance that reimbursed Haas and Williams for the damages?
    I remember those as well.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 8093
    An interesting grid... 
    Red ones are better. 
  • Anyone else watching this shitshow?
  • Anyone else up early watching the race? 

Some absolute next-level shithousery from Verstappen and Red Bull. "Send them my regards..." Complete lack of class and sportsmanship.

Has there ever been a more unlikeable driver/team pairing in the history of the sport?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28679
    edited November 2023
    Yeah, thankfully Max cooked his tyres so the 5s penalty actually did have some teeth for once, but once again it’s clearly nowhere near the deterrent it should be
  • PennPenn Frets: 760
    Max is an absolute cunt. It’s well established. Also Russell gets a penalty for Max dive bombing. Couldn’t make it up.