The F1 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• euaneuan Frets: 1942
    Now, if Horner has been asked to resign it must be serious. Also, Horner is one of the reasons why Newey has stayed at Red Bull. Also, Newey has said he regrets never working for Ferrari or Hamilton...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4263
    Makes you wonder if Hamilton was tipped off about Newey and vice versa, could be intriguing 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    There was a rumour that Newey isn't working on this years car at all and he is spending the time working on the RB17.

Not that he is actually a RBR employee and probably not subject to the usual gardening leave...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 5059
    According to the beeb:  "an allegation of inappropriate behaviour of a controlling nature"
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 5201
    euan said:
    Now, if Horner has been asked to resign it must be serious. Also, Horner is one of the reasons why Newey has stayed at Red Bull. Also, Newey has said he regrets never working for Ferrari or Hamilton...
    Has he been asked to resign? Can't see that on anything I've read, that would make it interesting though.

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

It’s been reported in some of the European motorsport press
  • ColsCols Frets: 7701
    https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/258908/horner-advised-to-step-down-by-red-bull.html

Just a rumour.

The counter-rumour is that it’s an internal power play at Red Bull, with the goal of ousting Horner and installing a team principal who’s a bit more… Austrian.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28678
    Cols said:
    https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/258908/horner-advised-to-step-down-by-red-bull.html

Just a rumour.

The counter-rumour is that it’s an internal power play at Red Bull, with the goal of ousting Horner and installing a team principal who’s a bit more… Austrian.
    Tost? 

Surely they don’t mean Toto the actual owner of Mercedes AMG F1..?! 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    Cols said:

Just a rumour.

Tost? 

Surely they don’t mean Toto the actual owner of Mercedes AMG F1..?! 
    Well, Sweary Guenter’s looking for a job and he’s from South Tyrol…
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28678
    edited February 6
    Can you imagine the headlines if Horner goes and Newey fucks off to Ferrari..:?? 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25495
    Can you imagine the headlines if Horner goes and Newey fucks off the Ferrari..:?? 
    1: The Max fan boys will call it the biggest conspiracy since Watergate (not that any of them are smart enough to know what Watergate was).

2: It would be hilarious.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 4105
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Internal RB hearing into the Horner allegations planned for Friday...
     https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/68218956
    That article is mixing up Red Bull and Red Bull Racing. It’s Red Bull who are investigating. 
    Internal RB hearing into the Horner allegations planned for Friday...
    That seems remarkably fast to me.

I wonder when the allegations were first made, and when the independent lawyers were instructed.

Certainly wasn't this week if the hearing is on Friday.

I wonder when the allegations were first made, and when the independent lawyers were instructed.

That does seem to be very quick.  Possible explanations are:

1.  This has been known about and investigated for some time, and the news is only now being made public.  Apparently the Dutch newspaper 'De Telegraaf' had been threatened with legal action if it published the allegations.

2.  The evidence is so overwhelming one way or another that the hearing is a mere formality.

3.  Red Bull are launching their car next week and want this out of the way.
    Cols said:

1.  This has been known about and investigated for some time, and the news is only now being made public.  Apparently the Dutch newspaper 'De Telegraaf' had been threatened with legal action if it published the allegations.

2.  The evidence is so overwhelming one way or another that the hearing is a mere formality.

1 and 2 are logical.

3 doesn't really work unless it is in conjunction with the other two. As a standalone it doesn't work as that doesn't give enough time for a proper investigation if it started this week.

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 8092
    Have we made the “helmet reveal” joke yet? 
    Red ones are better. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Cols said:

1 and 2 are logical.

3 doesn't really work unless it is in conjunction with the other two. As a standalone it doesn't work as that doesn't give enough time for a proper investigation if it started this week.
    Probably a mixture of all three.  

I’d be surprised if Red Bull would leave themselves open to an accusation by the aggrieved party that they did a token investigation.  

And if they want to oust Horner, they’ll want to have a damning and watertight case to avoid a charge of wrongful dismissal.

But for a highlight event for the sponsors like a new car launch, they certainly won’t want the big media attention being on accusations against the team principal of improper behaviour.
  • EmielEmiel Frets: 222
    I for one am not surprised that it's tabloid newspapers breaking the news (the Dutch Telegraaf is of the same shocking quality as the Daily Mail). Reminds me of the Toto/Susie saga although a court hearing (and so soon) might say otherwise in Horners case. We'll see. F1 is never dull is it!

Ps: Max fanboys generally speaking know nothing of F1 and history, they are just there to watch their idol win and don't care about the rest. I am Dutch and know many 'fans' that turn off their television/stream if he has crashed or when it's clear he is not going to win. They are basically football/darts fans that only started watching after he won his first race in Barcelona 2016 and will properly stop watching the sport after he retires. What doesn't help is that the Dutch broadcasters have embraced the 'fans' and threat F1 races like a tabloid would with lots of speculation and accusations going on to spice things further up. It's disgusting.
    1reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom