The F1 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• ColsCols Frets: 7701
    Starting 1st March 2025.  So no impact on the design of next year’s car… but for the past two years Aston Martin have started strong and the slipped back over the course of the season.  Newey may help to arrest that pattern.

I wonder how Fernando feels about no longer being the highest paid person in the team?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25492
    Nothing for next years car...

yeah right.

Funny how the McLaren got a lot better while their incoming new tech bod was still on gardening leave...

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25492

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    TimmyO said:
    euan said:
    Cols said:
    euan said:
    I actually think there is very little value there. Word was that he wanted more money, more control and for less work than he did at Red Bull. 
    Judging by the sharp correlation between Newey ceasing involvement in Red Bull's F1 work and their sudden loss of pace, I'd say it's money well spent.

To lose pace, you first need it. 
    eveything comes back to haunt you :   

Newey addressed Red Bull’s recent loss of competitiveness following his sidelining.  TLDR; maybe you should ask Pierre Waché.  Nothing to do with me…

“I really can’t comment because once I’m out, I’m out, and so that means I haven’t been able to contribute to the development of the car since April.

“But why the team is being less competitive recently? I don’t know, because I’m not involved.”

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BrioBrio Frets: 2244
    Jesus! The race at the front is epic!
  • BrioBrio Frets: 2244
    That was freaking good fun!
  • Cracking race. Shades of Singapore last year, with 3-4 way battle for the front in the final laps, until someone puts it into the wall! 

Great race from Piastri, thoroughly deserved it. Felt for Perez though - probably his best weekend in 2 years and ends up with nada.

• Felt for Perez though - probably his best weekend in 2 years and ends up with nada.
    I wonder if emotions had anything to do with the mistake. He had the visibility and sainz was going straight…
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28672
    Just watched a replay. First half a little drab but the back end was worth it
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 8092
    Just finished watching it - blimey. Fantastic entertainment 
    Red ones are better. 
  • PennPenn Frets: 747
    I think that’s Perez done at RB. He chucked away 3rd and got nothing. Bit of a racing incident maybe but that was stupid. 
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4903

Perez could have moved left but it was CS that did all the movement towards Perez.  He’s been pretty poor for ages but I actually think he was doing great today and was a bit unlucky in that incident.

I wonder if the car being slightly blunted and less on the edge actually suits Perez?  
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4903

Perez could have moved left but it was CS that did all the movement towards Perez.  He’s been pretty poor for ages but I actually think he was doing great today and was a bit unlucky in that incident.

I wonder if the car being slightly blunted and less on the edge actually suits Perez?  
    Hmm, on further watching he probably should have given more space as the car behind.  Racing incident, but avoidable.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12878
    It looked 50/50 to me. Yes Sainz was edging over to the left but Perez was doggedly sticking to the centre of the track and not giving him any room either.Something had to give.  

Good race though, I don’t like street circuits usually but this had lots of excitement. Well done to Lando for coming through the field, Shame he didn’t qualify in a better place.  
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28672
    edited September 16
    Sainz was in front and on the racing line. He didn’t have to move across but it was entirely expected that he would. 

80% Perez fault. And you can tell that because Horner was whining after the fact. Classic toxic nonsense from the RB camp
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • euaneuan Frets: 1942
    Just finished watching the full race. Brilliant one full of the correct drama. That was some drive from the McLarens. Norris' defence against Perez made the difference via Piastri fighting LeClerc rather than having to pass Perez and LeClerc.

There is no more reading through the lines, Mercedes are doing Hamilton dirty

https://www.crash.net/f1/news/1055606/1/lewis-hamilton-reveals-component-mercedes-f1-car-wasnt-correctly-built

And Verstappen's looking a lot like a Vettel level talent rather than a generational one the more the season goes on.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Sainz was in front and on the racing line. He didn’t have to move across but it was entirely expected that he would. 

80% Perez fault. And you can tell that because Horner was whining after the fact. Classic toxic nonsense from the RB camp

My initial thought was that it was fully Sainz, but on replay that was because the collision caused Sainz to veer further left into Perez.

Realistically they both drifted into each other.  Huge shame for Perez, as up until that point he’d driven magnificently.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 8092
    Cols said:

My initial thought was that it was fully Sainz, but on replay that was because the collision caused Sainz to veer further left into Perez.

Realistically they both drifted into each other.  Huge shame for Perez, as up until that point he’d driven magnificently.
    In the moment it looked like Perez’s fault to me 
    Red ones are better. 
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 5201
    Perez was behind with full view of Sainz, Sainz was ahead using his mirrors, it's mostly on Perez to avoid the accident so ergo... It's his fault.

Lovin it, more hens for Horner to find space to roost and Red Bull have finally lost the constructors.... Life is gooooooood

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

• TimmyO said:
    Cols said:

In the moment it looked like Perez’s fault to me 

The FIA rulling said that Carlos took his normal line. There was loads of room for Checo to move over, I feel like it was his fault. Shame for both of them though.
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)