The F1 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 5201
    Fair play to Max, back to squeezing what he can out of a dodgy car, no one saw second place coming did they? I mean the track was obviously moving towards to the Mercedes and Red Bull as Ferrari fell away.

Interesting grid, could Lewis and George ruin Max's day and make Landos. Max will fancy getting Norris off the line but it's a short run and both of them off would suit Max.

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I'll be watching the highlights later, so I'll be avoiding this thread for a few hours from now.

Just wanted to say that I think this FIA ruling about swearing is ridiculous, and I totally agree with Max's stance on it - good to see Lando and Lewis backing him up, too.
    It's not the first time Mohammed Ben Sulayem has come out with something that I completely disagree with... I wonder if he'll get a second term?
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• BrioBrio Frets: 2244
    Another great race today...
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25492

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BrioBrio Frets: 2244
    Hulk is totally rocking it...
    I'll be watching the highlights later, so I'll be avoiding this thread for a few hours from now.

Just wanted to say that I think this FIA ruling about swearing is ridiculous, and I totally agree with Max's stance on it - good to see Lando and Lewis backing him up, too.
    It's not the first time Mohammed Ben Sulayem has come out with something that I completely disagree with... I wonder if he'll get a second term?
    Couldn't agree more on the swearing thing, and great to see some support from the other drivers.

• menamestommenamestom Frets: 4903

I thought the race was pretty boring from the highlights, but just what Norris needed really.

I think the fact MV managed to keep everybody but Norris at bay keeps him favourite for the title and the fact he almost never gets a DNF.  Can't help thinking the Hungary decision not to favour Norris will cost him the title.    52 points seems like a step too far, unless there's a big swing at one of the next few races.

Good to see Norris getting a good start, he was miles ahead of his team mate this weekend. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28672
    Dull race on track but great for the championship. If Norris keeps this up and Piastri gets in front of Max a couple of times then they'll be level a couple of races before the end. Oscar finished way back on track but given the relative starting points and Norris in clean air throughout I think he drove a blinder.

Sad to see it's probably DR's last race but noone at RB will admit it in advance. Given Checo's consistent weakness I just find the whole situation baffling, though clearly entirely of RBR's own making
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Sad to see it's probably DR's last race but noone at RB will admit it in advance. Given Checo's consistent weakness I just find the whole situation baffling, though clearly entirely of RBR's own making
    Planet F1 have a theory that Liam Lawson will take over at RB and Danny Ric will sit out the next three races while working on the Red Bull simulator, then replace Sergio Perez after the Mexican GP.

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • As disappointing as DRs racing has been over this season - it would still be a shame for him to not see out the season

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28672
    Sad to see it's probably DR's last race but noone at RB will admit it in advance. Given Checo's consistent weakness I just find the whole situation baffling, though clearly entirely of RBR's own making
    Planet F1 have a theory that Liam Lawson will take over at RB and Danny Ric will sit out the next three races while working on the Red Bull simulator, then replace Sergio Perez after the Mexican GP.
    And the fact that anyone is even considering that might be an option speaks volume about the utter shit that is the Red bull management in 2024…!! 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    He seemed pretty cut up post race, I think he's done full stop although sim work is another thing he may get. My instinct is, Lawson in the RB for a run out and then switched for Perez either after Mexico or for next season. 

They really are a bunch of bastards because failing to confirm anything means Daniel basically couldn't even get a proper send off because no one really knows. Although weirdly, Sky did a career montage for him post race :(

• dazzajldazzajl Frets: 6223
    There is absolutely nothing to like about the whole Red Bull organisation. When they started they had all that upstart cheek and raw desire, now they just seem like bitter old men. Very sad. 
  • Sad to see it's probably DR's last race but noone at RB will admit it in advance. Given Checo's consistent weakness I just find the whole situation baffling, though clearly entirely of RBR's own making
    And the fact that anyone is even considering that might be an option speaks volume about the utter shit that is the Red bull management in 2024…!! 

Agreed. I'd love to see DR back in the Red Bull, and maybe even winning another race; I'm not a Perez fan at all, but holding onto him just until the Mexican GP is done seems amazingly callous, even for Horner & Marko - and I'm sure it would have an effect on Red Bull sales in Mexico, too.

• NiteflyNitefly Frets: 5059
    Interesting to see DR sent out to grab the Fastest Lap point from Lando  :s - that would have taken the gap down to 51 instead of 52.

• JEMJEM Frets: 196
    Nitefly said:
    Interesting to see DR sent out to grab the Fastest Lap point from Lando  :s - that would have taken the gap down to 51 instead of 52.

That feels a bit dodgy to me. Surely it can't be okay for Red Bull to use its sister team tactically. DR even said he did it for Max on the radio!

edited September 23
    Well it's within the rules, but morally.... Mind you morals never bothered Horner.

Max fighting for his title this year, doing a good job too.

• menamestommenamestom Frets: 4903
    JEM said:
    Nitefly said:

That feels a bit dodgy to me. Surely it can't be okay for Red Bull to use its sister team tactically. DR even said he did it for Max on the radio!

The irony is McLaren don't even use their own team tactically!

Re DR, I can't help being completely unsentimental, he's a good character, but I can't really see him as the future, just seems to be treading water.  He's better than Perez but I don't think going back would solve anything long term for the team. 
    There are younger hungrier drivers and it's time to move on.  No time like the present, rather than plodding on to the end of the season.  The way it has been managed is poor, but that doen't change the fact that it's the right time to free the seat up.
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/articles/c0m0wwk7ejno

Apparently, Max says that if he cant swear he might leave even earlier.  What a twat.  

• dazzajldazzajl Frets: 6223
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/articles/c0m0wwk7ejno

Apparently, Max says that if he cant swear he might leave even earlier.  What a twat.  
    I’ll hold the door open for him. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom