SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Something interesting from the 80s/90s (+Floyd?)

What's Hot
StephenBStephenB Frets: 75
edited July 2023 in Guitars £
Hi all,

After narrowly missing out on a lovely ESP Mirage, I'm on the hunt for something that will tick the 80s box.

A high quality locking tremolo unit would be amazing but not 100% required.

Max budget is somewhere around £800 and I also have a few guitars to trade along if people are interested in that sort of thing! Specifically, a beautiful Cabronita/Telecaster from Woodstock guitars and a very special Jazz box (Joe Pass signature with Harmonic Design pickups)

I'm playing in a few party bands and 80s bands at the moment, so it needs to be relatively solid for gigging and if it's ostentatious, that's all good!

Things I'm liking at the moment:
80s Ibanez - Specifically Rocket Roll (holy grail), and PGM models
Original Floyd Rose
Kramer/Jackson/Charvel
Fenders with locking Trems

I'm based in Northern Ireland but for the right guitar I'm happy to travel over to the big landmass in the east!

Cheers
Ste
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 924
    I have a 1990 (I think) Heartfield Talon that isn’t getting much use these days. Basically an Ibanez RG with a slightly droopier headstock, made for Fender in the Ibanez factory. Has an OFR and H/S/H DiMarzio pickups.

https://imgur.com/VGOZaMp
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sorbz62sorbz62 Frets: 85
    What about a Kramer Jk1000 with OFR?  Excellent 80s rock machine?

Jim
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15007
    drwiddly said:
    I have a 1990 (I think) Heartfield Talon that isn’t getting much use these days. Basically an Ibanez RG with a slightly droopier headstock, made for Fender in the Ibanez factory. Has an OFR and H/S/H DiMarzio pickups.

https://imgur.com/VGOZaMp
    I have the 22-fret Talon 3 with a Kahler Steeler vibrato system. Easily as good as an RG - in part thanks to a trio of Oil City pickups.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • tabanotabano Frets: 100
    Are you exclusively looking at guitars made around those years or would you consider current production?
    reason I am asking is because I have a white Charvel San Dimas that I might let go quite reasonable priced, is the Mexican model and plays flawlessly!
  • StephenBStephenB Frets: 75
    HI Tabano,

I'm ok with current production, but unfortunately I just find that I don't get on well with the MIM Charvels - love the MIJ ones though!
  • tabanotabano Frets: 100
    StephenB said:
    HI Tabano,

I'm ok with current production, but unfortunately I just find that I don't get on well with the MIM Charvels - love the MIJ ones though!
    No worries mate,
    good luck in your search!
  • RevMattRevMatt Frets: 864
  • sorbz62sorbz62 Frets: 85
    Here you go - the Kramer!

• maharg101maharg101 Frets: 780
    This one goes to eleven

Trading feedback here
  • StephenBStephenB Frets: 75
    Hi everyone thanks for the suggestion - I got sorted with a PGM100! Can't believe my luck! Some absolute gems in the above comments. Thanks all!
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom