SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD Jackson RR3 - Randy Rhoads V Electric Guitar - flame maple with case - MIJ

RevMattRevMatt Frets: 864
edited July 2023 in Guitars £
SOLD.   
Jackson RR3 - Japan model - £450 (collected from Nottingham or posted at cost)

Trades?
Interested in (with cash available to add):
  • a Gibson Firebird (reverse) 
  • PRS Std or CE (older models only)
Or possibly straight swaps for:
  • Yamaha Revstar (pref P90)
  • Epiphone Firebird

This is the RR3 version which was made in Japan. I'm not absolutely up to date on the various incarnations of the RR3, but I believe the model went through various changes, and you may see some more 'modest' examples around. This one is from the earlier run (I believe) from the period when the pickups were genuine Seymour Duncan (rather than the later 'Duncan Designed' model, and as you'll see, it comes with all the fancy trimmings including a lovely translucent finish over the figured maple top, and also neck binding and those must have fin inlays.

The Floyd Rose style bridge works very well (you will need to source the appropriate size allan key) and the SD pickups are excellent, giving some lovely clean tones (if you so desire) but can also squeal when you want them too and yes it chugz!

The guitar comes with the trem arm and also very nice quality fitted hard case.

Condition

The guitar is in great condition, plays very well and sounds great. Cosmetically, it's very good (but not perfect) - the neck, headstock and frets are all superb - doesn't even have the usual ding on the headstock tip!

The body is generally very good, but does show some signs of use:

• light swirly pick marks on the front
  • some very small marks / dings to the front upper edge
  • a small chip/scuff to the tip of the upper fin
  • some small dings/ marks and swirly buckle rash to the rear
I've tried to show these in the pictures but it is difficult to show with the glossy finish and the reflections. On balance, it's a used guitar that has been very well looked after and does come with a few dings/marks, but probably better than average for its age / style.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom