SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS Gibson Les Paul ‘50s Faded with upgraded double creams and pickguard…

Phil_Koe_93Phil_Koe_93 Frets: 20
edited July 2023 in Guitars £

A modified version of a Gibson Les Paul Standard 50s Faded model, bought in November 2022. 

Weighing 8Ibs 3oz, this is an incredibly shoulder friendly Les Paul that rings loudly played acoustically, which was my initial reason for purchasing the guitar.

This Les Paul sounded great out of the box however I was always hankering for a sound a little more balanced than what the original Burstbucker pickups provided. I therefore changed these for some underwound, double creams made by Hayden at Bulldog pickups, these sound so articulate and sweet. If you e never heard of Bulldog pickups check them out. You can wind these up to produce those classic Bluesbreaker/Cream/ZZ Top tones with ease.

I have also added a pickguard from pickguards.com to complete that classic look.

There are a couple of signs of wear and tear that look hardly noticeable in real life however I’ve tried to capture them at angles beneath a light so you can see. There a mild belt buckle rash and a little bruise inside the top curve of the body.

This is a really awesome guitar and I’m on the fence as to whether to sell it however there are other things on the horizon guitar wise for me.

I will deliver this item personally to most places in the UK as I travel for work so just let me know where you are.

Many thanks for reading, this is a good’n and look forward to hearing from you.

£1995 including delivery.

My number is [moderator has deleted personal number] feel free to message me for pictures. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom