SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

On hold - Huber Orca 59 £4,250

What's Hot
chris78chris78 Frets: 9938
edited November 2023 in Guitars £
2 spectacular guitars for sale here. I go through spells of feeling I need a Les Paul style guitar and an offset, obsess over them, do the YouTube video thing, read reviews, obtain said guitars, play with them for a week or so and then go back to my others - namely PRS, Teles and Strats.

Both guitars available to make room, not interested in trades thank you.

First up is the best single cut money can buy. A true heirloom piece for those who like singlecuts. 8lbs 10 oz on my scales, lovely flamed top and the brilliant open pore finish that makes the guitar so comfortable to play and feel old, despite being from 2014. The open pore finish is probably the thinnest finish available on a guitar so this is in great condition, but it's not 10/10. Pickups are Haussels, they split and they're brilliant. This has a lovely flame top that isn't over the top. Peach do have a plaintop available, but generally these come up rarely and a the flame tops are at least £7,500, with the exceptional tops stretching to £10k.
Given that, I reckon £5k is a very fair price.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/iqvuvwuxpcsc8kpul3fru/IMG_0638.jpeg?rlkey=4wv143ju63ee07ul58siz6oi1&raw=1
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/j0ke3viofys5jn3onuolo/IMG_0611.jpeg?rlkey=fzilkhpu92kraxhzhqly8jpz1&raw=1

Pics folder:
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/4ku6bmm637c3s7elsf8dm/h?rlkey=v8eulk2djxip7v0t3j9q584hh&dl=0

Secondly, we have a Candy Apple Red Fender American Pro Jaguar. They got this one right. Pretty much all the features of the acclaimed Johnny Marr jag, with the added bonus of out of phase positions. These take away all the stuff that makes a Jag lousy and make it playable. Neck is the brilliant deep c which is a total everyman neck - not too skinny, not too fat, just a little more meat than the modern c.
Great condition, with original case, a really close inspection in the right light will reveal some slight swirling to the finish on the back of the guitar. Again, they come up really and I'm after an all time bargain price of £900 - I've not seen one this low.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/hf62e0j2iw8y4r8m1b8gd/IMG_0136.avif?rlkey=g585qellc73ceomn4zqwu1i8u&raw=1

Pics folder:
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/x7hz0ldfjz8jmc75xvigh/h?rlkey=njq6b7ped8h0en2wdess30ztw&dl=0

I'm in Chatham, Kent. I can meet a reasonable distance or postage is fine. The guitar will be well wrapped and insured or you can arrange your own courier if you can find one more cheaply. 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• sherpa_mansherpa_man Frets: 728
    this looks like my old one :-) amazing guitars.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9938
    this looks like my old one :-) amazing guitars.

Entirely possible - same year and sometimes high end guitars move in small circles.
    You've had some special singlecuts - Macons, Echoparks, Gibsons collectors choices. A man of fine taste by the look of it
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5189
    I’ve played this Orca, it’s an extraordinary guitar. And it deserves to be seen.

260+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • richierichie Frets: 90
    Nice, looks like one of the world guitars double stained ones I lusted after back in 2014. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    richie said:
    Nice, looks like one of the world guitars double stained ones I lusted after back in 2014. 
    Yes it is- the first pic in the photo library is a world guitars shot. Really brings out the figuring in the wood.
    Price is good. I’d probably be interested if I could sell the Dale Wilson tele
    edited July 2023
    richie said:
    Price is good. I’d probably be interested if I could sell the Dale Wilson tele
    Thanks - I think it’s a great price. Guitarguitar had one not as nice they sold at £6500 and they’ve got a goldtop used they want 9k for!

Ive seen your Dale. I’d be talking to you about a trade if it didn’t have a bigsby. Absolute stunner of a guitar and Dale’s work is first class. Have you spoken to Peach? They sell his guitars in a matter of days at much higher prices and they might be able to move it for you
    Yeah, saw those.. I paid Coda around £5k for a good one a few years  ago and sold it at a loss to Martin on here when I was doing my kitchen. I haven’t spoken to them about selling it, I did actually propose a straight swap with their plain top Orca but they wouldn’t do it, even though as you say, they seem to value their Dale Wilsons at £10k plus. I do have a Macon which is great so its not like i need the orca anyway…. But still…
    Doesn’t sound like a bad deal you offered Peach to me at all. I think they’ll struggle to sell the plaintop. Great price for a new orca, but it’s not a very pretty guitar.
    I actually like it! Its the only plain top Orca I’ve ever seen although they missed a trick by not calling it the Orca 58
    They did a cheap version called the seahorse I think for Max’s. Same features but less fancy woods. Peach’s is basically that but more expensive. 
    Its interesting the different perspective. I got a used plaintop Rietbergen recently, before the similar looking new one listed at Peach, and its just the most gorgeous guitar I’ve ever seen. So simple and classic. Thats what I like about their Orca, understated, and would match the Rietbergen
    I trust you paid less than £7500!
    Yeah it was just under £5k used but mint. 
    Sorry totally derailed the thread, I disagree about the seahorse btw which looks more like bad flame tops without blocks/binding rather than plain tops, but this is relevant - Peach told me theres is one of the last Orca 59s ever to be made as gibson have launched a lawsuit against Huber. Sounds liked bs but interested if anyone else heard that.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    *theirs
    richie said:
    Sorry totally derailed the thread, I disagree about the seahorse btw which looks more like bad flame tops without blocks/binding rather than plain tops, but this is relevant - Peach told me theres is one of the last Orca 59s ever to be made as gibson have launched a lawsuit against Huber. Sounds liked bs but interested if anyone else heard that.
    They told me the same actually.
    Maybe I should keep it as an investment  ;)
    Jaguar withdrawn - sold elsewhere.

Very very strong interest in the Huber - if you're interested don't delay 
    Having second thoughts about the Huber so it may get withdrawn. Played it at the weekend and God, it’s good.

Bumped for now but may be withdrawn 
    Weekend bump
    Get some tonal goodness with the best singlecut money can buy
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom