Fender x Loog Strat and Tele

What's Hot
barnstormbarnstorm Frets: 700
Fender's obviously been thinking about its customer pipeline…

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• dazzajldazzajl Frets: 6223
    That tele is really cool but I don’t like the bridge! It should have a saddle and a half ;)
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 25001
    What the fucking fuckity-fuck is "X Loog" supposed to mean, when it's at home?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TDubsTDubs Frets: 772
    Philly_Q said:
    What the fucking fuckity-fuck is "X Loog" supposed to mean, when it's at home?
    Loog is the company that make one. My three year old has one. Wouldn’t pay and extra 60% for the fender name on it though 
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 7398
    barnstorm said:
    Fender's obviously been thinking about its customer pipeline…

Wow a 3 string bass , bassists are evolving ;)
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15215
    Finally, an Andrew Oldham signature model. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jdgmjdgm Frets: 852
    Wonderful idea/piece of marketing IMO.  
    I wish they'd had these when I was a guitar teacher.  
    Think it is tuned like the top 3 strings - you get a pack of flashcards with the chord shapes on.
    The neck looks thinner at the body than at the nut

• SeziertischSeziertisch Frets: 1432
    Bridge and neck look very similar to what was on the Tenor Telecaster they released a few years ago, except that was 4-string
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8622
    I bought a Loog some years ago for the kids, it’s a nice prop but useless as an instrument from a tuning, sound and playing standpoint. Wasn’t cheap either. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • bluecatbluecat Frets: 644
    The total idea sounds/looks absolute rubbish to me, who would want one, I don't know???
  • idiotwindidiotwind Frets: 519
    bluecat said:
    The total idea sounds/looks absolute rubbish to me, who would want one, I don't know???
    A 6 year old.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30354
    Can't see the point of 'em.
  • Rod.DRod.D Frets: 5
    I just bought a strat x loog today… I have a black strat and my 5 years old loves it, so I am hoping he gets the guitar bug with a guitar his size…
  • AntonHunterAntonHunter Frets: 954
    Just checking in on this as I'm thinking about getting my soon-to-be five year old started. Any experiences to share? @Rod.D - your kid into it?
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15215
    Bridge and neck look very similar to what was on the Tenor Telecaster they released a few years ago, except that was 4-string
    I tried the Tenor Tele model back in the day. I could never prevent my fretting digits trying to form six string Standard Tuning chord shapes. (Like having your left foot involuntarily reaching for a clutch pedal when performing an emergency stop in a car with an automatic gearshift.) Trainwreck waiting to happen.

I should probably have studied a mandolin tutor book.

For three strings, I suspect, mountain dulcimer tunings might prove more interesting.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • barnstormbarnstorm Frets: 700
    I tried the Tenor Tele model back in the day. I could never prevent my fretting digits trying to form six string Standard Tuning chord shapes.
    Stick with it and eventually your six-string playing will atrophy like mine :)
  • 3 string guitars are 99% of my business, so I find the Loog is an interesting thing - indeed we've imported and sold a few of them in the past . However, in my opinion, the main problem is the tuning that they always push -  the top three of regular guitar. It is really unsatisfactory and unsatisfying to play, it's much better to use an open tuning such as G-D-G octave power chord or G - B -D (top half or regular open G tuning). That way you can use a simple barre to form chords, or play a melody on one string and let the other strings act as drones rather than a half-formed attempt at standard guitar chords that the "Loog tuning" promotes.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    How's the tuning stability @chickenbonejohn? Any other 3-string recommendations instead?
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2587
    I never knew Fender made a tenor Tele, that sounds right up my street. Add a 12 string effect and you've got an impromptu electric bouzouki
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
  • chickenbonejohnchickenbonejohn Frets: 199
    edited August 6
    How's the tuning stability @chickenbonejohn? Any other 3-string recommendations instead?
    Tuning stability of the Loog guitars is OK, they are a simply made budget offering, perhaps rather overpriced, that's why we stopped selling them. For 3 string guitars, we've made over 2000 of them, so we know what we are doing! https://www.chickenbonejohn.com/
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Ah wow! Thanks for sharing, they look ace!