Fender x Loog Strat and Tele

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• SeziertischSeziertisch Frets: 1432
    Bridge and neck look very similar to what was on the Tenor Telecaster they released a few years ago, except that was 4-string
    I tried the Tenor Tele model back in the day. I could never prevent my fretting digits trying to form six string Standard Tuning chord shapes. (Like having your left foot involuntarily reaching for a clutch pedal when performing an emergency stop in a car with an automatic gearshift.) Trainwreck waiting to happen.

I should probably have studied a mandolin tutor book.

For three strings, I suspect, mountain dulcimer tunings might prove more interesting.
    The Tenor Tele has a truss rod, while the Loogs don’t (AFAIK)

I have my Tenor Tele strung as a baritone ukulele and quite enjoy it as that. It forces a different approach but not so different as a tenor guitar.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Th4fonzTh4fonz Frets: 281
    edited August 11
    There is a 10% off site wide today and if you look about I also found an extra 10% code.

i purchased one for my  daughters 4th bday coming up.
  • guitarjack66guitarjack66 Frets: 2142
    3 string guitars are 99% of my business, so I find the Loog is an interesting thing - indeed we've imported and sold a few of them in the past . However, in my opinion, the main problem is the tuning that they always push -  the top three of regular guitar. It is really unsatisfactory and unsatisfying to play, it's much better to use an open tuning such as G-D-G octave power chord or G - B -D (top half or regular open G tuning). That way you can use a simple barre to form chords, or play a melody on one string and let the other strings act as drones rather than a half-formed attempt at standard guitar chords that the "Loog tuning" promotes.
    Coincidentally I tried open G on one of my regular six string guitars and it's great fun.