SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD Tokai ST-55 (1985)

What's Hot
AjayeffAjayeff Frets: 29
edited August 2023 in Guitars £
So I’ve got a lovely old Tokai for sale. Please excuse the long winded description, I used eBay’s new AI feature as I thought it would speed things up. It didn’t….

This Tokai ST-55 from 1985 is a highly sought-after Stratocaster that would make a fantastic addition to any musician's collection. With a classic design and excellent build quality, the ST-55 was Tokai’s custom range featuring higher spec than the ST-50 and is almost identical to the ST-60. The guitar features a comfortable C shape neck and a solid 2 piece Alder body, the pickups are the vintage accurate, highly regarded and much sought after grey backed V series which are more mid range focused, producing a rich, warm tone that is perfect for a variety of musical styles. The early 80’s Tokai’s have a reputation for being incredibly close to the pre CBS era Fenders.

This ST-55 is in the custom Sherwood green colour. The pick guard and back plate have aged naturally to this beautiful caramel colour. It’s truly unique. These Tokai’s originally had a thin single ply scratch plate, it was replaced with a better quality 3-ply one. It must have been done decades back, check the pick to see the original white under where the volume knob goes! The metal work has dulled over the years showing its vintage aging. The paint has started to sink into the wood really showing off the grain in places. The frets are in good condition with the finger wear on the maple fretboard that people pay Fender thousands for to try and replicate! 

This Tokai has had a lot of love over the years and it shows. That’s often a sign of a great guitar! It looks like a different back plate had been fitted at some point as had a different bridge but everything on this Tokai ST-55 is a prime example of Japanese craftsmanship at its peak. It shows some signs of heavy natural roadwear which just adds to its natural charm. No relic work here! Legendary build quality, top spec components, a real vintage and naturally aged strat.

https://ibb.co/pws7QG2

looking for £550 which seems to be what the ST-50’s go for so I think it’s a good price? 
I’m based just north of Cambridge, can post to mainland uk. 
cheers :-)
0reaction image LOL 10reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8069
    That’s a bit nice. :)

Have a free Wow!

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4514
    Absolutely love it but skint with nowt to swap .1985 is a special year for me too
      good luck with the sale 
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1408
    i have a tokai P bass in this finish and it is great. 

really good price on this, reckon it won't hang around very long  :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • AlunAlun Frets: 135
    Awesome looking guitar and my birth year, if I didn’t have a Strat already I’d have been very tempted. Best of luck! 
  • AjayeffAjayeff Frets: 29
    It’s a fantastic strat. The pickups in particular really impress. Just to be absolutely clear, it has had a different backplate at some point so theirs extra drill holes under the back plate and their are two small drill holes by the bridge where some 3rd party trem/bridge had been fitted. I did mention it in the original listing and the pics should show the wear by the bridge but I thought I’d mention it again to be absolutely clear. It’s minor cosmetic and the price I’ve put this at reflects this. Also, the body stamp inside the cavity says “7.15 MG Y” :-) 
  • AjayeffAjayeff Frets: 29
    Now sold :-)