SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Gibson SG - 2013 60's Tribute - Vintage Sunburst

SlimbertSlimbert Frets: 341
edited August 2023 in Guitars £
Umm'd and argh'd about moving this one on for aaaaages, but now that my rare live appearances have come to an end, at least for the foreseeable future, it seems silly to have it sat doing nothing indefinitely.

It's been a great guitar to own and use, and although I have gigged it a few times, it's still in great condition. It has always travelled in flight/hard cases, and I don't jumped around the stage like I used to do as a teenager...mainly due to the amputated leg, but also because I'm now way too old for all that stuff.

It's had all the electrics swapped out from the standard solderless stuff, and no has a custom Emerson loom/harness. The pickups are custom set of G&B's, so really well made, and suit the guitar really well. They're basically hot/higher output Alnico 2 PAF's, with the bridge at 13k ish and the neck 8k ish.

The machine heads were swapped out for locking versions, however the original Grover's have now been reinstalled. The change of tuners has left some extra screw holes on the rear of the headstock. The tuners looks good in the photo, but they are definitely chrome! 

Condition wise, it has a few light scars, but nothing major, and all cosmetic only. Anything I could find is photographed and posted below.

Apart from the above, it's all stock. No neck/headstock break, and no signs of one starting. It will come with the original sleeve type, very well padded, Gibson gig bag.

Sale price is a firm £500 cash/bank transfer. Any lower and I'd honestly rather keep it.

I'm not convinced that I'd be comfortable posting this. You might be able to convince me, but otherwise it's collection or meet-up in person only. I'm happy to travel, as long as my petrol costs are covered in advance.

All that said...

I might be interested in several types of trades, including cash going either way. Definitely interested in semi-hollows, LP style single cuts, and maybe even something with P90's? Not too sure, but if in doubt, try me.

Always interested in pedals, but have nothing specific in mind. Just try me if you have something interesting sat doing nothing.

Photos...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom