SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Retired thread: Patrick James Eggle: Oz Droptop/Macon/96 NAMM/Carillion Polaris/SG

What's Hot
imalrightjackimalrightjack Frets: 3900
edited November 2023 in Guitars £
PJE Macon Carved Top - £3,500 TRADED
PJE Oz - £2,200 TRADED
PJE 96 - WITHDRAWN
Carillion Polaris - WITHDRAWN
'Gibson'/HJ Williams SG - £1,000  - SOLD

C990093-B-88-C5-4-A66-B9-D6-FEC4133-A2625IMG-3377

PJE Macon Singlecut 2018 in Blue Burst

Superb guitar here - but I just don't bond with single cuts and the neck is a tad big for me. It’s not huge but I’m picky.  Open to trades on something more modern.

In excellent condition.  The two volume pots are 100% functional but seem to have some lateral movement on the shafts.  Action is just over 1mm at the 12th on the high E, so plays very fast.

Comes with case and certificate.

Can be posted at cost.  Collect from Carlisle, Cumbria.
  • Flame Maple Carve Top
  • Chambered Swamp Ash Body
  • Nitrocellulose Top Lacquer Finish
  • Flame Maple Neck w/ Fat C Neck Profile
  • 24 3/4'' Scale Length
  • Ebony Fingerboard w/ Mother Of Pearl Inlays & 12'' Radius
  • Mojo Humbuckers with coil taps
  • Aged Nickel Hardware
  • ABM Tune-o-matic Bridge
  • Gotoh Vintage Style SD90 Machine Heads, Aged Nickel
  • Comes with Shaped Gold Tweed G&G Hard Case
IMG-2927 IMG-2928-2 IMG-2929 IMG-2930-2 IMG-2931-2 IMG-2932-2 IMG-2933-2 IMG-2934-2

PJE Oz

A truly great little guitar here with very effective coil tap, making it sound great for humbucking and single coils.  Unfortunately, the neck is a touch on the bigger side and, as I tend to play only shred/fast stuff for the most part, I can't really justify hanging onto it.

Full spec below.  Less keen on trades but will consider.

IMG-2861 IMG-2862 IMG-2863 IMG-2864 IMG-2866 IMG-2867 IMG-2868 IMG-2869 Screenshot-2023-08-14-at-10-09-50
'Gibson'/HJ Williams SG (1973)

A lot of history to this guitar, most of which can be read here: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/183769/the-ongoing-salvation-of-a-70s-gibson-sg/p1

Goth locking tuners, hand-wound P90s (by Haydn Williams), original ebony fretboard (12" radius), newly-made wenge neck and full rewire.  Neck is what I consider 'narrow' at around 40mm.  The neck shape is pretty much a C, I would say.  Weighs around 7.25lb.

Includes an Epiphone hard case.  Will include the 'original' pickups for an extra £50.

IMG-3377 IMG-3378 IMG-3379 IMG-3380 IMG-3381 IMG-3382 IMG-3384
Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
0reaction image LOL 11reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MolochMoloch Frets: 779
    FFS, now I have to walk around, being aware that this is available and just acting as though everything is normal. :(
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • imalrightjackimalrightjack Frets: 3900
    edited September 2023
    Patrick James Eggle Namm Special 96

A unique 96 with a slimmer and slimmer more shred neck than usual (certainly not Ibanez Wizard-like though), along with a 10-16” compound radius, low action, and hot pickups. It also coil taps with a push-pull pot. Swamp ash body and maple neck.

Great player with versatile tones. Comes with original hard case and certificate.  Traded with @RevMatt ;;;;;
    who will testify it's a very good guitar.

Excellent condition.

Can be seen at NAMM, described by Pat, here (around 3m 30s):

6-A593516-D369-4-AC4-8753-A56-E780-E4695 6-B24258-D-5653-4976-8341-659447-C936-D1 649-A0403-1-F0-E-498-D-9-F2-F-1-E6-D60-E01-AD2 494193-C1-DE9-F-452-D-B26-E-1904-BA75910-A 59-B68679-409-B-4-AE9-9230-1-F33-C3-BB0321 46777-F6-F-DA6-A-4820-9-F2-B-0-A513442-ECA6 7095-BEF3-CD37-4225-AD9-E-EB62010-F17-EE 2-D0-D9-F76-5878-48-FB-8304-8-E5-E8-C4-E064-A D350274-E-31-D5-43-CF-B5-B6-44-DD4-EFE1909

Carillion Polaris 6 in Sapphire Burst (2015)

A truly unique guitar with a lovely set neck.

In great condition with no discernible dings. Sounds absolutely tremendous with the Crawlers handling shred/metal/rock/blues with ease. The 6-way switch does coil tapping very nicely and it's super-convenient.

Will be sent in a brand new Hiscox case.

- Quilted Maple top.

- Black Limba body.

- Flamed Maple/Rosewood laminate neck.

- Ebony fingerboard.

- Rosewood reverse head veneer.

- Sperzel locking tuners.

- Gotoh TOM bridge.

- Dunlop 6100 fretwire. 

- Bare Knuckle Pickups Crawler set.

- Freeway 6 position switch.

- Dunlop flush mount strap locks.

- Bone nut.- 3 piece hand spliced Quilted Maple head veneer.

- Sapphire burst.

- Hand cut Lion inlay done in Copper, Brass and Pearl. 

IMG-1929 IMG-1931 IMG-1932 IMG-1933 IMG-1934 IMG-1935 IMG-1936 IMG-1937 IMG-1938

My band, Red For Dissent
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Moloch said:
    FFS, now I have to walk around, being aware that this is available and just acting as though everything is normal. :(
    There’s only one remedy…
    Hacking the website, marking the ad as sold and locking it to prevent future edits?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RevMattRevMatt Frets: 864
    edited August 2023
    Noticed the description states a chambered mahogany body, but actually (and unusually) this example has an ash body which offers something distinctly different to the more traditional LP formula.

Here's the Sound Affects shoot out featuring this guitar:
    RevMatt said:
    Noticed the description states a chambered mahogany body, but actually (and unusually) this example has an ash body which offers something distinctly different to the more traditional LP formula.

YOU ARE NOT HELPING, MATTHEW.
    Moloch said:
    Must be bad, that's my Sunday name!

I've seen this Macon come up for sale a couple of times in the past and it's always been on my radar as an appealing example - I guess the ash body would attract some whilst deterring others (who may prefer the more trad maple/hog build), but it certainly comes across very favourably in the video.
  • RevMatt said:

I knew what it was - but took the spec from Sound Affects’ site without reading it. Thanks, @RevMatt ;

Tone-wise it’s definitely a little different but beautiful vintage vibes. Pretty special. I really have to just stick with more modern though - it’s what I play!

My band, Red For Dissent
    I noticed SA had it wrong on their spec, even though their video was spot on.
    RevMatt said:
    Moloch said:
    Must be bad, that's my Sunday name!

I've seen this Macon come up for sale a couple of times in the past and it's always been on my radar as an appealing example - I guess the ash body would attract some whilst deterring others (who may prefer the more trad maple/hog build), but it certainly comes across very favourably in the video.
    I would say it's definitely the nicest Macon I've seen. Main things stopping me are really wanting to sell something else first, just to lighten the cash hit and also never having tried a fat PJE neck (I'm a big guy with surprisingly stumpy fingers).

Really beautiful thing though and if I didn't live waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too far away to try it, I'd probably be struggling against the GAS leak a lot more.
    Moloch said:
     Main things stopping me are really wanting to sell something else first, just to lighten the cash hit and also never having tried a fat PJE neck (I'm a big guy with surprisingly stumpy fingers).
    I get the hesitation about the neck, I was similar having historically preferred something more slender. The reviews quite rightly rave about Pat's fat C neck - it really does feel right and I think the super smooth finish of the maple is probably even easier to adapt to than the mahogany neck (which I have) - they feel much more comfortable than the spec suggests.
  • RevMatt said:
    Moloch said:
     Main things stopping me are really wanting to sell something else first, just to lighten the cash hit and also never having tried a fat PJE neck (I'm a big guy with surprisingly stumpy fingers).
    I get the hesitation about the neck, I was similar having historically preferred something more slender. The reviews quite rightly rave about Pat's fat C neck - it really does feel right and I think the super smooth finish of the maple is probably even easier to adapt to than the mahogany neck (which I have) - they feel much more comfortable than the spec suggests.
    Agreed, @RevMatt ;

Open to trades, @Moloch - Matt and I have done so via post. I’m likely to swap it with a mate at the weekend if not gone. 

My band, Red For Dissent
  • Still here. Possible traded lined up but not confirmed. 

My band, Red For Dissent
  • Oz added.

My band, Red For Dissent
  • gjonesygjonesy Frets: 147
    Oz added.
    And now I feel the same way as @Moloch ;
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • gjonesy said:
    Oz added.
    And now I feel the same way as @Moloch ;
    @gjonesy Just put it on a 40% interest credit card.  It would be so worth it ;)

My band, Red For Dissent
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2514
    Just been looking at the spec sheet for that (stunning) Oz. Is the fretboard really rosewood?

And did I see the same guitar on Coda’s site a couple of weeks back?
  • StefB said:
    Just been looking at the spec sheet for that (stunning) Oz. Is the fretboard really rosewood?

And did I see the same guitar on Coda’s site a couple of weeks back?
    @StefB - I am guessing that is a typo!  Pretty sure it's all maple!  And, yes, I nabbed it.  It's closer to staying than the Macon, as the neck suits me better.

My band, Red For Dissent
  • And back up...

My band, Red For Dissent
  • 96 added. 

My band, Red For Dissent