SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold: CARVIN DC127 thru neck Superstrat (USA)

What's Hot
RevMattRevMatt Frets: 864
edited September 2023 in Guitars £

ESP sold, scroll down to see the Carvin.

ESP MIRAGE - MIJ

Recently took this in part exchange, and I really like it, but I don't need 2x Floyd Rose guitars!

SOLD - Sale price - £700 (what I allowed for it in trade)
Trade - I can add some cash for a PRS  - possibly a CE (older model) or Standard - may consider a Core Mira (or feel free to suggest something).

Collection from Nottingham is needed - unfortunately I can't help with a part way meet due to a number of other pressures at home

So here it is...

Here's a superb ESP MIRAGE guitar dating back to 1997 - a proper Japanese guitar. These are great spec guitars with excellent build quality and hardware throughout, including an original Floyd Rose bridge.

It's a great guitar that plays really well, thanks to a recent set up and fret dress.

It's had some modifications, including the pickups which include a high gain A8 bridge pickup handwound pickup by HJ Williams, a Bareknuckle single coil in the middle and a DiMarzio rail humbucker in the neck. Further mods add 3 mini switches, 2x coil split and 1x killswitch.

The body has been refinished in a thin red stain which means you can feel the natural texture of the wood.

Condition

The condition is excellent, although there are some marks and signs of wear, consistent with age and use. As mentioned, the guitar has been refinished and modified. The body does have some dings and marks, which are very difficult to show in the pictures - these are visible in real life, but the refinish helps to present the guitar well. The neck, headstock, and frets are all excellent, and the recent fret dress really makes a difference. There is a slight stress crack in the bass side of the neck pocket (the usual place for 's' type guitars). 

Keep in mind that this is a 26 year old guitar and the price reflects the condition, so here's a rare chance to get a genuine Japanese ESP for less than £1000.

OR

Sold - CARVIN DC127 - £500 (+£15 postage)
(I have a sturdy triangle box and some packing materials, plus I can include a basic gigbag but note there is no hard case)

This is a brilliant guitar from the mid 90s - a real players guitar with excellent spec and performance and loads of dings and wear to prove it! Plus, find me another proper USA built pro guitar for this kind of money...?

So, as you'll see, the DC127 is a through neck superstrat featuring:
- simple but ergonomic superstrat style body profile with bevelling around the edges
- through neck design with superb upper neck access with that slick heel
- ebony fretboard with nice wide low frets, a D profile and large radius / flatish fretboard
- Locking nut and genuine Floyd Rose bridge
- electrics feature 2x Carvin humbuckers, a volume and a control, 3 way toggle selector and 2 mini switches to coil split each pickup

Condition?
Well used! 
It has lots of dings and scratches some of which can be seen in the pictures and some are harder to photograph - assume it's tatty and you'll be fine.
Importantly, it plays really well - the frets do have a little wear, but I've polished these and they are nice and shiny and smooth with no notches. The ebony board has been treated with Monty's relic wax so nicely conditioned. The rear of the neck is nice and smooth with no dings or anything to impede smooth playing.

What's included?
The guitar! No case, although I will throw in a budget and lightly padded gigbag - bear this in mind if you need shipping.

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments