SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD - Shijie STE Pro Relic - Daphne Blue - £750

EvoEvo Frets: 324
edited September 2023 in Guitars £
If you know about Shijie then you know how good this is.

If you don't know Shijie, they are a small company based in China building super high end instruments with phenomenal attention to detail. These aren't built to usual "made in China" standards, these are above and beyond with superb fretwork, high end hardware, and excellent playability.

Check out YouTube for some details, you'll find guys on there comparing them to Suhrs!

Regardless of whether they're subjectively as good as a Suhr or not, the attention to detail and level of craftsmanship is in the same league IMO.

Here's your chance to pick one of these up without the extra costs of importing! I'm only moving it on as I don't currently need a HSS Strat in the lineup.

Excellent 
condition (well, as excellent as a relic can be) and original shijie gig bag included.

£750 

Collection from LE16 much preferred, but that's potentially discussable. 

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Jabba74Jabba74 Frets: 56
    Had a Shijie Tele for a while. These are very well made guitars. A LOT of guitar for the money. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EvoEvo Frets: 324
    Jabba74 said:
    Had a Shijie Tele for a while. These are very well made guitars. A LOT of guitar for the money. 
    I have a Shijie tele as well, luckily I still have a need for a tele in the stable so that one gets to stay.

I've got a TM-5 as well which I know I don't need...but I'm struggling to find the strength to list it as it's one hell of a guitar.
    Bump!

Had a very tempting trade offer, but really need to see if there's any cash out there for this before I go for that!
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16413
    What is the neck like .......standard Fender I assume ....or is it a bit fatter/meatier ?
    I’d say slightly fatter/meatier. 

The neck profiles are done by hand at shijie so they can vary from instrument to instrument. Based on my experience with shijie necks, I’d say this is one of their slightly chunkier ones. 

With that said, we’re talking variations within a ballpark here. Broadly speaking it’s the kind of neck you’d expect to find on a strat, both my tele and tm-5 (Ibanez AZ style) feel “slimmer” than this one…although neither of those are super slim Ibanez wizard style necks either. 

Short answer: it’s fender-ish, but I’d say a smidge chunkier than usual rather than slimmer. 
    Bump!
    Sold