Live In flightcases

samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471

So I'm planning ahead...but i could also use it now. Mid to late next year, I'll be heading back to Oz...and one peice of gear that I will definately be taking back is my Marshall superbass...so I need a good quality flightcase, but I was also thinking of a Live-In type flightcase.

I've seen some people who have the amp sitting inside the lid of their flightcase, and I've seen others where the flightcase is like a sleeve.

not sure which is the best one, for not only transporting to australia but also to just store the amp in the flightcase permanently on top of a cab.

Finally, who makes good ones...is it just the regular guys you see on google searches (ie Swan, Flightcase company...)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3646
    Mine sits in the lid and the rest lifts off. Stuffed well with the correct Foam.

Given the potential value of these amps now it is shrewd to get a good quality flight case.
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1826
    I'm selling a combo one but I guess yours is a head?

Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471

cheers man...yeah its a head. Depending what the custom amp i buy next year, i may need one for a combo too...but too early to tell now.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74503
    If you're using a live-in one you need to take the back panel off the amp to avoid overheating - but it has the benefit of covering the beer trap in the top. Obviously the back cover of the flightcase protects the valves when you're transporting it so the lack of the panel is not an issue for that either.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1826
    samzadgan said:

cheers man...yeah its a head. Depending what the custom amp i buy next year, i may need one for a combo too...but too early to tell now.
    Well the amount of response I've had from my ad here it'll still be in my cupboard somewhere probably :(
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    ICBM said:
    If you're using a live-in one you need to take the back panel off the amp to avoid overheating - but it has the benefit of covering the beer trap in the top. Obviously the back cover of the flightcase protects the valves when you're transporting it so the lack of the panel is not an issue for that either.

I think I would prefer the one where it sits on the lid...in the long run I have a plan of re-cabbing the head in a nice grainy wood and staining it some pretty brown colour with gold corners and two gold handles on either side (like Laney Ironheart handles)...

so with all that bling i'd want it to be out on show! ;)