Just seen this hybrid shape

What's Hot
TheOtherDennisTheOtherDennis Frets: 2011
edited October 2014 in Making & Modding
If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WezVWezV Frets: 16968
    have a look here for some good and bad examples of telestrat's/stratele's

• I quite like it.
  • TheOtherDennisTheOtherDennis Frets: 2011
    edited October 2014
    WezV said:

Those Felines and your ones look really nice. That volume knob looks a bit near the bridge pup, though.

And that Tennessee thing with the Strat body and neck but Tele bridge, pups and control plate actually looks like a bass to me - I had to look twice to be certain! :)
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
  • daveyhdaveyh Frets: 692
    I have one of those as a long term project. Currently I'm quietly carving forearm and belly contours in.
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16968
    WezV said:

Those Felines and your ones look really nice. That volume knob looks a bit near the bridge pup, though.

The feline ones seem to have the standard strat layout, which does levethe volume control quite close to the bridge pickup but its a widely accepted standard. 

Its what i would have done with mine too, but Juansolo specifically asked for it to be further away and to lose the middle control.  Its not easy to find an alternative 2-knob layout on strat guard that doesn't look a little odd, but I think I got there

• daveyh said:
    I have one of those as a long term project. Currently I'm quietly carving forearm and belly contours in.
    If I could trust myself to do that without destroying it, I would, too.
  • daveyhdaveyh Frets: 692
    daveyh said:
    If I could trust myself to do that without destroying it, I would, too.
    This sir, is exactly why I'm doing it quietly, as in very very slooooooowly.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom