SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD

What's Hot
Antique_GuitarsAntique_Guitars Frets: 1167
edited September 2013 in Guitars £
Ok people Im sure most of you have seen this on MR but anyway...

For sale at a newly reduced price of £120 if collected (from Putney London) or £130 delivered is a chinese made 335 variant. I am now including an old semi hard acoustic case with the instrument (photos up late) its not an ideal fit but it gives some temporary protection anyway.

Right the deal with this is it was a custom from a Chinese factory which was meant as a prototype for a business venture that never took off. I am now in need of cash so am selling it to pay rent.

To avoid legal issues the body is very slightly different to the Gibson shape the headstock is different and it has a diamond cut out of it. The fingerboard is also ebony. There are a few bits of Tlc required especially around the diamond cuttout but in General this is amazingly well made instrument. The body is made in the same laminate manner as Gibsons and the neck is a mahogany type wood such as Sapele.

Any questions please let me know, I shall post more details when I am home.

imageimage

Old Is Gold
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6386
    Pics ?
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • Yep will send more when i get home
    Old Is Gold
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27435
    I'm tempted to give this a go ... a pair of Oil City something-or-other-Trons, some Wudtone ... yes, colour me tempted.

Couple of Qs for you.
    1. It looks like it's only got 2 holes drilled for the bridge/tailpiece.  Are those for the bridge OR the tailpiece OR a combined unit?  But looking from the placement, it looks like the right sort of position for the tailpiece rather than the bridge.
    2. Is the neck angle set correctly so that a "normal" bridge can be used?
    It'd have to be a p&p deal.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • Hello sweet pea,

It has holes for bridge and tailpiece the old picture was just rubbish see new ones below.

See also pictures of the case (I think one of the straps is broken though)

Old Is Gold
  • Ok I have an offer at the moment so I shall put it on hold.

Normally I would wait longer to give people a chance to look at the new info I added but I am really quite desperate for gold.
    Old Is Gold
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27435
    Ok I have an offer at the moment so I shall put it on hold.
    No worries.  Best of luck with the sale, probably saved me from myself!

:)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom