Making a DIY cable for the Voodoo Lab Control Switcher

What's Hot
Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22446
So I've been fucking this up all night. :))

Basically... I wanna wire a 5pin DIN to a 6pin DIN in such a way that the Voodoo Lab Control Switcher will switch the functions on my amp. This is proving more difficult than it should be. I've already got the 5pin wired up like this:

But I can't for the life of me figure out how it gets wired to the 6pin. I asked RJM Music a week ago, because I was going to pick up an Amp Gizmo, but I couldn't find one in the end. Anyway, Ron over there sent me this:

But tbh, I'm not sure how relevant that is.

Then I found this on the Fryette forums posted by their support staff:

So this shows me the pin layout. But I've tried going from pin 2 to pin 6 with the relevant connections, and it just isn't working. I already blew a fuse once in the amp! *gulp*

Could do with some help, coz I'm feeling stupid.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22446
    Finally farkin' done it!!! The shitty green wire needed to be grounded, then the wires needed insulating so when I put the cap on they didn't short.

That. Job. Really. Pissed. Me. Off.

Saved myself £50 though!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MoltisantiMoltisanti Frets: 1143
    Nice work, it's ace when you try something like that and it works. I did a similar job with a graphtech ghost piezo system and a seymour duncan triple shot that took ages to work out, but was mustard when it was done

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22446
    Gonna have to make a couple of these though I reckon. Backups are important! These little DIN plugs are an asshole to wire though.