SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

No longer FT - Very Tentative! - Suhr Modern Satin Flame

What's Hot
bobaccobobacco Frets: 537
edited October 2023 in Guitars £
Afternoon! Hope that you’re all well. 

Having acquired this from the wonderful @Chimpankie not too long ago, I’ve found that I’m still playing my Tele 99% of the time and this lovely hunk of wood is almost perpetually slumbering in its case. 

These were a limited run in 2021, and this one is especially limited in that it has a reverse zebra neck pickup. Bit quirky, and not just installed upside down (I checked with Suhr just in case, ha). 

It’s an amazing instrument, basically Suhr’s version of Guthrie’s 1st generation Charvel - only without the Floyd (huge plus for me). The flame is subtle, but apparent and all in all, it’s just flawless. 

Chances are I’ll own this for a long time, but that said - there’s a bloody Alt-T here that’s catching my eye daily, and I still have a Suhr Classic-shaped hole in my life. So, given the untouched situation with my Modern, and the VERY touched situation with my bank account, I figured it’s potentially worthwhile seeing if anyone out there has any interest. 

Really not too interested in a sale, but that could change if there’s a ‘merry-go-round’ situation of a guitar I want for sale - bought for £2k, so I’d sell for that. But again, it’s only up for trade and I’ll update if that situation changes.  

Whilst I’m mainly after Suhr’s, by all means give me a shout if you have anything else up for trade. 

Any questions, let me know.

Cheers!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• bobaccobobacco Frets: 537
    edited October 2023
    Never been good at posting pics here..!

Lazy method, sorry.

https://ibb.co/B4W8wXc

• ChimpankieChimpankie Frets: 380
    edited October 2023
    I’d also checked with CS about the pickup and they were baffled but confirmed not upside down!

Can vouch for bobacco and the guitar! Just a flawless example of a modern in a finish that they don’t do as standard anymore. 

I also keep checking on that Alt T… can’t believe it’s hung around as long as it has! I just can’t at the moment though
    Haha yeah, had to check. Wasn’t as exciting an Easter egg as I’d hoped for, but still an interesting quirk. 

I actually spec’d this model up as a one-off build and it runs to about $5.5k, which is bonkers. That said though - like you say; flawless!

That Alt-T is too much of a tempter eh? Had I not seen it, I’d not have entertained getting back into the swaps game!

• fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4207
    Morning mate - post was blank, not sure if you had a question or anything? :)

edited October 2023
    Morning! Hope you all have good weeks ahead of you. 

Just a note to say that I will happily consider a lot more than just Suhrs - by all means try me! 

If you want to see any more pics or vids or have any questions, give me a nudge. 

Was asked about the weight, and it’s 7lbs 11oz 5g I believe (going by Peach’s scales!). Any other questions I’ll post the answers too on the post (where appropriate). 

Cheers all!

edited October 2023
    Played this again and I’m even less sure about letting it go! Wonderful instrument. 

Ideal trades are Suhr Classic (or similar, relic-ish S-types), maybe a Custom Shop Strat or a PRS CU24…but really, I’d entertain anything you have - wouldn’t even rule out acoustics. Try me!

Thank you very much, @kennedydream1980 :)

Morning folks, hope you’ve had a good week. 

Got this up elsewhere now to get more eyes on it, and have had some interesting offers (decent cash offers, a nice Martin, other tempting guitars) but I’d quite like to do a deal with one of you lot - so come on, what have you got? Anything considered!

I’m down near Brighton, but can travel a bit for the right deal. Let me know!

edited October 2023
    Afternoon, hope you’ve all had great weekends. 

Had a few offers, and one chap in particular seems keen but I’d still much rather trade in person.

With that said, I would consider a straight sale to someone here rather than through eBay. Guitar + cash offers welcome, too!

Give me a shout if at all interested, I’ll hear anyone out but as it stands, I’m likely to sell on eBay to buy something I’ve got my eye on. And I’d much rather not sell on eBay!

Thanks all,

Rob

Edit: Link of this awesome chap giving the same model a run-through…

https://youtu.be/EovUz0HPPu4?si=x27fsOO9Nlfeuem5

One last roll of the dice…seems like trades aren’t too in vogue right now (although I was offered a horror-show 70s Strat that was in worse shape - and had more replacement parts - than Katie Price…), so would consider cash offers and happy to discuss shipping (would need to source a box, though). 

Ideal trades: Suhr Classic Antique, PJE 96, Custom Shop Strat…but anything considered in the same ballpark price range (with money either way, but ideally straight trades). 

All trades considered, but as I say, think that ship has probably sailed - so reasonable cash offers probably the best way to go. 

Happy to meet halfway, all the way (within reason!) or accommodate you with fresh coffee if you’re collecting (preferred; who doesn’t love coffee? Okay…tea is on the menu, too). 

If any more pics or anything are required, by all means give me a shout. Happy to do WhatsApp video tours or whatever, too. 

Thanks folks, have a great day!

This has now been traded, thanks all!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom