SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS - Suhr Alt T Flamed Maple Limited Edition £3200

What's Hot
MaxA867MaxA867 Frets: 67
edited October 2023 in Guitars £
Absouletly stunning 2022 Suhr Alt-T in Bahama Blue. Mint condition, swamp ash body, georgeous flamed maple top, locking tuners, roasted maple neck, stainless steel frets, Thornbuckers, 5 way switch with coil splitting in pos 2/4. These were a European only limited run and this is to my knowledge the only one in the country. Sounds incredible, the Thornbuckers are clear, punchy and full of harmonics. Plays like butter/margarine/your cooking spread of choice and being a Suhr is beautifully constructed.

I played this in Project Music (shout out to them, what a great shop) a year ago when it was new and fell in love with it, and a week ago it came up for sale again. I rushed in and bought it without thinking too much and after playing it for a few days I've found that it's just not quite my thing, it's just too nice - I'm more of a traditional battered up Strat/Tele man nowadays apparently. Add to that I'm getting married next year so the cash might be better spent elsewhere...

Looking for £3200 (Cash/transfer/Paypal FnF) which is what I paid for it less than a week ago. Collection from near Exeter as I wouldn't be comfortable shipping it. I probably should recoup the cash for my big day, but.... I may consider a trade for a Custom Shop Strat (early 60's, no sunburst) or a double bound Tele (CS or American Original 60's) so if you have anything feel free to ask the question. (Forgive the poor quality photos - I sold all my camera gear to afford this, I'll add more on a less gloomy day)

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• bobaccobobacco Frets: 537
    Jesus. That’s a stunner. GLWTS!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MaxA867MaxA867 Frets: 67
    bobacco said:
    Jesus. That’s a stunner. GLWTS!
    Thanks! It is a beaut for sure! 
  • MtBMtB Frets: 922
    edited October 2023
    Great guitars - mine is a trem version (Alt-T) and was one of a run that were a collaboration with Suhr and Humbucker Music in the USA. That's who I got mine from. 

https://i.imgur.com/sJGxzWs.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MaxA867MaxA867 Frets: 67
    MtB said:
    My understanding is that these were a collaboration with Suhr and Humbucker Music in the USA. That's who I got mine from - whilst I was in the US last year.

https://i.imgur.com/sJGxzWs.jpg
    Ah, Interesting! That’s a lovely blue burst you’ve got there. I’m not sure - there are still one or two of these available on the continent and they’re marked as an EU/Euro special run (as this was when it was first available). I think the Humbucker music ones all have scratchplates as standard so perhaps a different series? Any Suhr insiders care to clarify? 
  • Wow
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom