SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold Kawai Aquarius, 3 P'ups, £175

What's Hot
TTonyTTony Frets: 28444
edited January 8 in Guitars £
Let's do the GSP first.

Another of the GSP LP Jrs.  If you know GSP then (a) you know where his work usually ends up and (b) you also know the quality of what he does.

I've had a few of these through the years because every time I sell one, I feel the need to buy another.  Demonstrating a complete lack of ability to learn from experience, here's the current one ...

I used a little gold grain filler on this, with Crimson's Crimson-Red stain, and then an oil finish over the top.  the gold doesn't jump out and hit you, but you certainly see it when it catches the light.

The pickup is an Oil City something-or-other.  If there's interest then I'll pull it out to check, but it'll be one of Ash's rocky options rather than anything jazzy (does he even do jazzy?).

If you haven't already noticed and started wondering, I'll point out that *usually* a LP Jr has a horrible black plastic scratchplate to cover up the neck tenon which would otherwise be visible (there being no cap), whereas this one has an invisible tenon.  That was a special bit of TTony magic.

(If you can't work it out, I'll disclose all via PM for anyone interested in buying).

This one feels and plays just like all the others - comfortable weight, neck is neither skinny nor fat, everything is just right.

It currently lives in a battered old hardcase, so shipping is possible if you want to sort that out.  Else collection from (or close to) me in IP22 is also welcome.

Try this one at £600.
Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 28444
    edited January 8
    Second-up, the Kawai Aquarius

Firstly, anything that looks like a mark or blemish is very probably not dust or a lighting reflection.  It'll be a genuine age-worn, mark or ding

Early 1980s, MiJ Aquarius AQ555.

Vol, Tone and 3mini-toggles - each of which switches its pickup between on, tapped and off, which obviously gives you a lot more output options than a standard 5-way switch.

The pickups are generic of the era.  Kawai originally used Mighty Mite versions of the 70's DiMarzio Super Distortion (on other and earlier ranges), but by the time of the Aquarius, they'd adopted a generic no-brand version of the Mighty Mite versions of the (etc).

Naturally, what they lack in 2020s boutique pickup fairy dust, they more than make up for with 40+yrs worth of genuine Japanese production line mojo.  And just look at those aged double-cream/yellow tops

Despite its age, fretwear is minimal and the neck is relatively clean.  No playability issues.

I could sort out shipping on this one, though I'd remove the neck first, just to make it a bit harder for a courier to damage it.  No case or gig bag though.

£250.  Now £175.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15271
    HarrySeven must be unwell. The Aquarius should be right up his alley.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    The Aquarius should be right up his alley.
    I'd prefer to think of it being right in his warehouse rather than being abandoned in his alley.

Should also have said that my normal approach of forum mates' rates being available applies.

Though you'd probably already know that if you were forum mates!
    ;)
    Just back from a guitar-shopping trip, so ought to give these a bump.
    :)
    Mates' rates available on these.

If any mates* think that they might be tempted ... PM me.
    ;)

* obviously, I refer to forum mates, not my mates (he's already said that he's not buying).
    edited November 2023
    Wet Wednesday price reduction.  Take ~20% off each of them.

GSP LP Jr £500
    Aquarius £200
  • pruddprudd Frets: 692
    Not sure about the arithmetic on the GSP Tony =)
    prudd said:
    Not sure about the arithmetic on the GSP Tony =)
    That's why I typed it as "~" 20%
    ;)

But if you want it for £480, I'll meet you at the usual place @prudd - make sure you set off early enough!!
  • pruddprudd Frets: 692
    edited November 2023
    Oh, I missed that, eyesight isn't what it used to be, actually as I approach my 70's nothing is like it used to be, aches and pains in places I didn't know existed. Having visited a relative in Addenbrookes recently I can confirm it would be a12 hour round trip to meet up with you :#
  • Someone needs to buy the Kawai!

I have the same model. I got it set up by @FelineGuitars and it plays beautifully and is super versatile with those 3 splittable humbuckers. Definitely worth the admission fee IMO.
    Have a bargain bump

And thanks for the comment @Flanging_Fred ;
    Kawai reduced to £175 (plus shipping).

Not so bothered about selling the GSP!
    edited January 8
    Kawai now sold.