SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Edwards (ESP) "Jimmy Page" Les Paul - £779 - ****SOLD PENDING****

What's Hot
NerineNerine Frets: 2377
edited October 2023 in Guitars £
Here's the Reverb listing. 

This is the copy from the ad:

Recently acquired as part of a trade in for a Murphy Lab 59 Les Paul.

I have no use for it, so moving it on.

Has been upgraded with Faber tailpiece and bridge/saddles and Bare Knuckle Stormy Monday pickups With Bill Nash wiring

Original covered and uncovered Seymour Duncan’s also included as per original spec of guitar. See pics.

Bill Nash wiring. - humbuckers are coil tapped when tone controls are full and are standard humbucking when tone control is rolled back to 8. I’ve never come across this wiring on a Les Paul before but it works well and is very versatile. Sounds great.

Guitar has been well looked after, plays well, sounds good, and is specced nicely too given the pickups, wiring, Faber bridge, Gotoh tuners and Japanese build quality. Gator case included. Parts alone, this is a bit of a bargain, in my opinion.

Frets look to be in excellent shape. I’ve been playing it all afternoon and can’t really find fault with it. Very impressive.

Was considering keeping as I’m going to be Les Paul-less, but I think cash is king right now.

As I say, I’ve just recently acquired this via a part ex for my outgoing Murphy Lab, so don’t know a great deal about them other than they were quite rare and it’s objectively a very good guitar. I’m impressed with it.

Collection will secure you the best price, so if you pick it up, you’ll be getting a great deal. Welcome to try it.

Msg me to confirm it’s been understood this is a collection deal before buying.

PM me for any other Q’s

Anyway,  

More pics on Reverb listing. 

Any Q's, PM me etc. 

Possible meet up half way.

Located in Holbeach, Lincs. 

By the looks of things, this is priced to sell. My loss your gain etc. Make me an offer?

Also, top is lighter in person, the middle of the burst is more yellowy than orange. Light was getting a bit low when I took the pics just now. 

Cheers!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• That is a bit of a bargain - I had one a few years back and stupidly traded it away for something more expensive and not as good. These are great guitars 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Oh my ! I wish my Bonamassa would sell. I would definitely have this 

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

• NightswanNightswan Frets: 1525
    I'm no great fan of Les Paul's but damn....that is pretty sweet!! Great price as well....tempting.
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 20165
    Yet another 'Collection only' item that that is too far away... bah!
    Don't these bastards want money for sales?
  • NerineNerine Frets: 2377
    Where are you located?
    Updated with more pics.
  • flyingvflyingv Frets: 555
    @Nerine see this on FB marketplace? Same guitar, slightly different description, pickups etc and collection from North London? 
    Someone else might be using your details etc???      Or not.
    flyingv said:
    @Nerine see this on FB marketplace? Same guitar, slightly different description, pickups etc and collection from North London? 
    Someone else might be using your details etc???      Or not.
    Thanks for flagging. 

It is indeed the same guitar, however, the seller in the link above picked up my R9 yesterday and this guitar was given in p/ex to top up the value. 

He's likely forgotten to take down the listing on FB. It was only yesterday to be fair. 

Thanks, though. Appreciate the vigilance.
  • flyingvflyingv Frets: 555
    Great stuff and sorry,  there’s so much of it going on now, just wanted to let you know. GLWTS btw :+1: 

Sold Pending. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 20165
    Nerine said:
    Where are you located?
    North East, & sorry if that comment sounded more angry & shouty than I intended, I wasn't entirely serious. 
    Glad you got a sale, but not really surprised  ;)