SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

GONE: Fender AVRI '62 Custom Telecaster OTM 2002

JamesSGBrownJamesSGBrown Frets: 235
edited November 2023 in Guitars £
These don't come up very often at all! This one is quite possibly the perfect Tele- however it's in too good condition for me to be taking out and playing live when I have a 'beater' MIJ '62, and I have bills to pay...

This is a 2002 American Vintage Reissue '62 Custom Telecaster in Ocean Turquoise Metallic- the nitro has now aged to what almost looks like a Teal Green in some lights- under the scratchplate it is certainly OTM still. 7.25" radius, pretty slim neck, double-bound alder body. It is fantastically light and very resonant!

Condition-wise, it is excellent for the age. There is a small ding in the binding by the control plate as pictured, but otherwise it really is in fantastic shape. Just check out the flame on the neck!!

The pickups and bridge have been replaced with modern 'American Original' parts- this means the pickups are 'Pure Vintage 64' as per their specs, and the bridge I guess is just a 'Pure Vintage' model with barrel saddles rather than threaded. Includes OHSC!!

Prices for these original AVRI 62's are pretty high as they're scarce, and I've not seen another OTM one for sale in the UK. I'm pricing this at £2000 ONO, including UK shipping

Trade-wise, I'm primarily after a sale, so only looking for Gibson/Fender/Japanese stuff plus £1000 minimum (frankly I'll be flipping anyway), or an AV65 Strat or Jazzmaster with cash my way.

https://ibb.co/3BvNhqb

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments