WAZA Air users?

What's Hot
Finally got around to snagging a set of these (used, eBay) - they came with the natty Boss case but not the manual and I’ll not get any playing time til later in the weekend so on the off chance one of you knows without me digging in the manual/faffing:

How do you control the balance of volume between the guitar sound and phone sound?

I’m hoping to use it with the TrueFire app running on my phone so expect I’ll need to be able control volume of one or other source to match the other.

Thanks for any pointers 
Red ones are better. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Fingers657Fingers657 Frets: 661
    edited November 2023
    Just download the Waza Air app and connect to your phone and all controls and options are on there.
    I use mine with iPads.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7985
    edited November 2023
    Had a very quick test - I needn’t have worried - the volume on the phone only controls the app/backing volume and the controls in the app (and the wheel on the unit itself) only controls guitar volume - sorted.

The ‘ambience’ feature works well to stop that clanky headphone sound I just wish you could set it lower - it’s a bit drenched in reverb with ambience on but at lowest setting (and ‘amp’ reverb off too) 
    Red ones are better. 
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11934
    tFB Trader
    Is there a good place for sharing of user patches where you can import someone els's killer patch.
    I love my Waza Headphones and they do encourage practice which is no bad thing

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• LewyLewy Frets: 4459
    edited November 2023
    The bluetooth button on the Wazas also moves up and down to turn your bluetooth audio up and down from the headphones, which is neat.
    edited November 2023
    TimmyO said:

The ‘ambience’ feature works well to stop that clanky headphone sound I just wish you could set it lower - it’s a bit drenched in reverb with ambience on but at lowest setting (and ‘amp’ reverb off too) 
    Have you tried both the "stage" and "studio" ambience settings. Studio is more subtle.

Welcome to the club. These have upped my practice effectiveness and general playing time enormously. 
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25278
    They are fantastic. I love mine. I’m playing far more than I was. 

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7985
    Lewy said:
    The bluetooth button on the Wazas also moves up and down to turn your bluetooth audio up and down from the headphones, which is neat.
    Ah that’s neat - thanks 
    Red ones are better. 
  • OctavioOctavio Frets: 183
    edited November 2023
    Is there a good place for sharing of user patches where you can import someone els's killer patch.

There's a Waza Air Facebook group where users share presets, but they're a bit hit and miss. 

The Studio Rats did a free pack which is decent. It's probably available on their website, or through the YouTube review they did of the Wazas.

I'd also recommend the wireless AirStep if you want footswitches to turn on/off effects. 300 hours of battery life supposedly.
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11934
    tFB Trader
    Octavio said:

There's a Waza Air Facebook group where users share presets, but they're a bit hit and miss. 

The Studio Rats did a free pack which is decent. It's probably available on their website, or through the YouTube review they did of the Wazas.

I'd also recommend the wireless AirStep if you want footswitches to turn on/off effects. 300 hours of battery life supposedly.
    Oh yes - I downloaded the StudioRats stuff, after seeing Paul at the Kempton Park 

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• Fingers657Fingers657 Frets: 661
    edited November 2023
    The Boss Backstage site shares lots of stuff and information.
  • OctavioOctavio Frets: 183
    The Boss Backstage site shares lots of stuff and information.
    I don't think that goes beyond the app factory content available on Day 1 though, unless I'm missing a trick here. Unfortunately the Katana file types, although similar, are not cross compatible.
  • RichACRichAC Frets: 747
    I really like my Waza Airs for all the reasons stated above. The thing I don’t like is the app. It feels clunky, dated and counter-intuitive to me.
    RichAC said:
    I really like my Waza Airs for all the reasons stated above. The thing I don’t like is the app. It feels clunky, dated and counter-intuitive to me.
    It is a bit crap.

There's a facebook group who have jailbroken it to allow all FX at once and that sort of thing, but I don't have the skills to try that!

• S56035S56035 Frets: 1369
    I have a pair and they're really good but I just can't get on with the app so I essentially just use modified versions of the presets.  Can anyone point me at a decent tutorial on YouTube or anything?
    Yes I think it’s the mark of a crap app that it prevents things happening that the hardware is capable of (like having boost/mod/fx all happening at the same time). 
  • pickergpickerg Frets: 30
    edited November 2023
    Anyone know if you can stream any Bluetooth audio to these, or is it only through the phone app? For example YouTube/truefire on a laptop or Apple TV box?

You can do Bluetooth from YouTube / iTunes etc on the phone.

data and audio show up as different bt connections.

I’ll try audio from a different source later today.

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 7257
    You can probably stream via Bluetooth from a laptop, but not sure how an Apple TV box would be able to setup the connection to the Wazas as they’re both Bluetooth receivers.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1