SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS Hohner HS59 Korean Strat 80s/90s SOLD

jdbwalesjdbwales Frets: 318
edited December 2023 in Guitars £
Possibly one for @HarrySeven as it’s a bit of an odd/rare one! 

It’s a 90s Korean Strat copy by Hohner, and it’s actually a belter. Solid alder body, thin and very comfortable maple neck with rosewood fretboard (I’d say at least a 12” radius neck, possibly more) and medium jumbo frets - barely any fretwear and the guitar has a low, buzz free action with great playability. 

The guitar sounds fantastic as well - very ‘Stratty’, as you’d hope, ceramic pickups which are beautiful clean and absolutely love a bit of gain and fuzz. 

This has been played a lot and clearly modded a few times over the years, and as such has a fair few dings, marks and screw holes etc. I don’t know if the 2 point trem is original, but tuning is very solid. There seems to be more space on the ‘board edge on the low E than on the high E, but this doesn’t seem to impact the guitar’s playability or tone - could I suppose be sorted with a new nut but the one currently on seems original! 

So there we go - probably at least 20-25 years old, great feeling and sounding, but definitely
not a glamour model! It’s just been restrung, fretboard oiled and frets polished. 

I’m thinking £120 seems fair but I’m open to
offers obviously! Would prefer collection from Caerphilly but can post if necessary.

https://imgur.com/a/KKnnxHO

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments