BOSS IR-2 Amp & Cab sim

What's Hot
stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28492
edited November 2023 in Digital & Modelling
Just launched overnight. Seems like the sort of thing that could be extremely useful. 

https://www.boss.info/global/products/ir-2/ 

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Feature list from boss.info. Custom IRs loadable, and it looks like it work as a USB interface as well?! 
    • Premium amp emulator and cabinet IR loader in a BOSS compact pedal
    • Exceptional audio quality with 32-bit floating-point processing and 96 kHz sampling rate
    • Eleven different amp types and high-quality cab IRs from Celestion Digital
    • Simple user interface with Level, Gain, Bass, Middle, and Treble controls
    • Ambience effect with dedicated control
    • Mono input and stereo outputs
    • Mono/stereo loop for patching in mod, delay, and reverb effects after the amp emulation
    • Headphones jack for practice
    • USB-C for recording and audio playback via a computer or mobile device*
    • Switch between two amp/cab tones with the pedal switch or an external footswitch
    • Dedicated IR-2 IR Loader app (macOS/Windows) for loading your own cabinet IRs
    • Amp and cabinet sections can be turned on/off independently for isolated use
    • BOSS five-year warranty
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25278
    I just put a post up in the FX bit. Didn't see this.

Looks good!

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16622
    edited December 2023
    The Andertons video was on my YouTube feed this morning. Plug in and play simple but does a lot of stuff, bit more complexity if you want it. General impression is not the most accurate amp models on the market but all fine and no issues sticking overdrives in them. 
    My only issue would be that if you wanted to put it at the end of your pedalboard as an emergency option the switching is between two presets and you have to add an external switch to make the pedal one-off. So, you would need this and an additional footswitch. But as the basis of a small ampless rig to go between private practice, rehearsals, gigs, recording this would be brilliant. 

Edit: for anyone reading down I got this wrong! 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • onyironyir Frets: 54
    The Andertons video was on my YouTube feed this morning. Plug in and play simple but does a lot of stuff, bit more complexity if you want it. General impression is not the most accurate amp models on the market but all fine and no issues sticking overdrives in them. 
    My only issue would be that if you wanted to put it at the end of your pedalboard as an emergency option the switching is between two presets and you have to add an external switch to make the pedal one-off. So, you would need this and an additional footswitch. But as the basis of a small ampless rig to go between private practice, rehearsals, gigs, recording this would be brilliant. 
    I think you can hold the footwswitch to bypass
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • onyir said:
    I think you can hold the footwswitch to bypass
    Oh, okay, cheers. The Andertons videos don't tend to involve having read a manual but it does say BYPASS:HOLD on the pedal itself I realise! Doh...
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12755
    That looks great.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• nero1701nero1701 Frets: 1646
    I really like the idea of these. The ir 200 looks good also 
  • BarnezyBarnezy Frets: 2247
    Looks class. Boss are the best. 
  • I had an IR-200 & I think it was the best sounding amp modeller I’ve tried - that for amps & a Stomp for fx was an almost perfect small board. 

This, having two channels, solves the problem of the (one channel) 200 where there was a noticeable delay when switching presets to achieve the same thing. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3443
    Has anyone bought one? Thoughts?
  • dhaywood67dhaywood67 Frets: 113
    edited December 2023
    There's a more active thread in the FX section:
    Boss IR-2 - FX Discussions on theFretBoard