I like the sound of Piezo, any good kit out there to 'enhance/control' a bit?

What's Hot
OK, I know lots of people just have to come and bang their drum loudly saying that it sounds nothing like an acoustic, and I have no plans to argue with that, but I just find it a very appealing sound to have on board. It's ideal for some of the things I like to do.

Anyway, with my current setup I'm thinking that I'd like to find some kind of pedal to enhance/control the sound a bit more. I'm thinking of getting a Behringer ADI21 as they are cheap, but I was wondering if anyone uses any kind of acoustic simulation/enhancement that they like? As usual though, I'm trying to work on the cheap!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I use a Fishman Aura Spectrum pedal for this, although I wouldn't say it was cheap (although it does also include eq and compression and an fx loop so arguably has more than one use). Good but takes a while to get the settings right. 

I find an eq pedal (graphic or parametric) is handy, especially if you end up playing through house PA systems which all sound different. The MXR 10 band one I found was pretty good. I just used it to cut some offensive frequencies which helps make the sound more natural. Also use a Boss ge7 sometimes which is equally as good but fewer bands. 

I've not used the behringer pedal but it seems to get very good reviews and wouldn't cost much to give it a go. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74041
    I use a Boss AD-8, which has both conventional EQ and acoustic modelling - not the most up to date unit, but I much prefer it to the AD-10. Shouldn’t be too expensive to buy now.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• TTonyTTony Frets: 28271
    Pedal based; something that takes IRs?

DAW based; there are millions* of plugin options.

*might be an exaggeration.  Possibly only a few hundred thousands.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28371
    TTony said:
    Pedal based; something that takes IRs?

DAW based; there are millions* of plugin options.

*might be an exaggeration.  Possibly only a few hundred thousands.
    I'm sure that's very good, but at the moment I just want a simple pedal of some sort I guess.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29784
    Fuzz.

Piezo into fuzz is ace.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28271
    There's a Zoom A2 on eBay for £20 at the moment?
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • Tech 21 Para Driver is a useful tool; DI, signal splitter, eq and saturation. They seem to hold their value on the used market. Not particularly cheap compared to some others mentioned.
  • normula1normula1 Frets: 657
    The Nux mini IR comes with a bank of acoustic guitar IRs. I also have the free Worship Tutorials acoustic IRs loaded into my Helix. Does a very good job of making the Piezo in my acoustic sound realistic. Also use it with my old Variax 500 in raw piezo mode.
  • Sporky said:
    Fuzz.

Piezo into fuzz is ace.
    so is fuzz into fuzz
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom