SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Fender American Professional Stratocaster, Sienna Sunburst, Ash, Upgraded - Sold

JamesDadJamesDad Frets: 38
edited December 2023 in Guitars £
For sale is my Fender American Professional Stratocaster.

Bought as a back-up for my main guitar, I upgraded the pickups to a set of Mojo Special Stratocaster single coils.

If you haven’t come across Mojo Pickups, they are hand made in the UK (by Marc) and are building up quite a reputation for their quality (eg they are fitted as standard to Patrick James Eggle’s fantastic guitars). He says of the Mojo Special Stratocaster pickups: “These are my best-selling Strat set, 60’s based with a “Vintage Hot” bridge which adds a little fullness to the bridge pickup.” More information can be found on the Mojo Pickup website. This set cost me £308.

I added to this instrument's versatility with the addition of a mini-switch, which allows for neck & bridge and all three pickup together combinations (also known as the 7-switch, or David Gilmour mod). I have done this modification to almost all my Strats. It is simple to do, easily reversable (just disconnect 2 wires and swap the pickguard), and enables some great extra sounds.

This is a Sienna Sunburst, which have an ash body (now reserved for Fender’s Custom Shop models), maple neck & rosewood fingerboard. What particularly drew me to this one was its very nicely book matched two-piece body, which is much nicer than the usual three-piece and ill-matched ones I’ve seen. 

As you can see in the pictures, this is in very good condition, with just a few light surface scratches (the only one of note being a scratch on the rear upper, shown in one of the pictures), which you have to get into the right light to see properly. It also has very little fret wear, which shows how little it has been used over the past few years.

Unfortunately, with the other guitars I have this just isn’t getting used, which is a shame as it’s a lovely guitar, so I decided it’s time to find it a new home.

Comes with original case and all the usual “case candy”; certificate of authenticity, etc.

Pics here:

https://imgur.com/a/9U2EaiH

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments