SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

TRADED 1981/82 Gibson Firebrand "The Paul" Deluxe with mods £1225

variplexivariplexi Frets: 113
edited January 3 in Guitars £

I had bought this on the forum some time ago; its had a few mods since. Lovely guitar with vintage mojo from around 1981/82. This is the mahogany (not walnut) "deluxe" version which fetches a bit more.  it weighs around 8.2 lbs. Beautiful ebony board on this one and it comes with its original chainsaw case (which might have been re-lined?). The mods to the guitar include:

- Re-fret (this was done in the past but I had the edges smoothened by Charlie Chandler). All feels / plays great

- Pickups are SD Alnico II pro Slash humbuckers (which suit this LP well, nice bright / clear tone)

- All pots upgraded to 550K (the originals were 300K/volume and 100K/tone which muffled the tone, and are included)

- After market pickguard (like a LP Special)

The guitar is in overall very good condition with a comfortable medium neck (small D or deep C?). It has some superficial age-related marks / scratches on the wood but nothing major which affects the feel or playing. Some swirling on the back of the body. The case also has some marks all over, but all locks work well. Collection or can meet preferred. Please drop me a line if you need posting and we can work something out.

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments