KEMPER Profiler Player is coming!

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4333
    How’s everyone getting on with these, I haven’t seen much buzz about them yet?

My dalliance with the GT-1000 Core was short-lived; great sounds, but I couldn’t get on with the editor software or h/w interface. I also received a HX Stomp today that was dead on arrival, so that’s being sent back for a refund (ebay). Primarily I’m just looking for alternative amp tones and a recording interface, so this might well work - though an inbuilt looper (and/or fx loop) would have been nice.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9960
    edited March 12
    I've just had one arrive... sounds really good with the right profiles, as usual... but there are 2 issues for me personally.

1.) The Rig Manager and IOS software, are to be fair, an absolute fuckin nightmare. The App keeps crashing, and 90% of the time, the App won't recognise the unit.

2.) It really is a slimmed down version of the Kemper, currently. There are very few effects, and none of the good ones that are usually with the Kemper. I believe updates may come later, maybe at a cost.

It is easier to use than the bigger Kempers, but I seen enough thus far and its going back.

The REAL find has been the Boss IR2 - incredible.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I've just had one arrive... sounds really good with the right profiles, as usual... but there are 2 issues for me personally.

1.) The Rig Manager and IOS software, are to be fair, an absolute fuckin nightmare. The App keeps crashing, and 90% of the time, the App won't recognise the unit.

2.) It really is a slimmed down version of the Kemper, currently. There are very few effects, and none of the good ones that are usually with the Kemper. I believe updates may come later, maybe at a cost.

It is easier to use than the bigger Kempers, but I seen enough thus far and its going back.

Ooh, I forgot about the IR2 already - the amp sounds in the GT were superb. Can you record direct from the Boss and use it as an interface?

Ooh, I forgot about the IR2 already - the amp sounds in the GT were superb. Can you record direct from the Boss and use it as an interface?
    Yes and yes.

I mean not only is this so so easy to use, it sounds superb.
    Noice - that might well cover it for me then, thanks!
  • melodmelod Frets: 136

App crashing is bad as it is the main means of control. Don’t know if this is widespread.

I am considering the player and just demoing the app I don’t think it’s THAT bad but maybe paired with a real device, I would be driven mad in some way.

The IR2 has now seen off the Kemper Player, the Tonex and the UAGX OX Stomp (which was very good).

The Tonex software was frankly laughable which was a shame.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    The IR2 has now seen off the Kemper Player, the Tonex and the UAGX OX Stomp (which was very good).

The Tonex software was frankly laughable which was a shame.

Would be intrigued to see how that new POD compares too, it’s a similar use-case to the IR-2 but adds fx and a looper. I expect the amp tones won’t be quite as great, but…!