SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Now FS New Pics Dan Gower Killer Kali ++ 1981 Marshall JCM800 £2750 + Marshall 1960AX 4x12 Cab £500

What's Hot
electricfurnaceelectricfurnace Frets: 38
edited September 12 in Amps £
Putting the feelers out as 1/2 and 1/2 about just keeing this beast. Don't use it a huge amount as I'm no longer gigging but I've put off selling it as it's a very special sounding amp!

Price wise I think this is worth say £2750 all day long given the increasing price of good JCM platforms and how well respected Dan's work is. Can ship for free.

More specs:

1984 Marshall JCM 800 2203 100 watt guitar amp. Modified to Killer Kali ++ spec with extra foot switchable clean channel by Dan Gower of DG Amps in November 2014 at a very big cost! Brand new filter caps throughout. All valves tested at the same time. Occasional use since. 

Amp was originally a very clean and 100% stock 1981 vertical-input Marshall JCM 800. 100 watt version. I bought it and sent it off to Dan Gower for modding to Killer Kali ++ Spec. I also opted for the extra clean channel to be added. I also opted due to the age of the amp to have all filter caps replaced.

Sounds huge, super aggressive and articulate, tons of gain on tap and huge roaring midrange. Extremely fun to play! And the Clean channel is really lush and rich sounding, lots of harmonic content and detail in the top end. Due to the mods and the extra clean channel it's like having a Modded Marshall and a Fender Twin all combined inside one amp.

FEATURES INCLUDED WITH THE KILLER KALI++ MOD :

Extra 12ax7 tube added for 4 gain stages
Switchable High/Low Gain modes with shared EQ
Dual Gain Controls with push/pull ‘Bright’ switches
Master Volume
Feel Control (adjust the feel from tight/articulate to fat/spongy)
Violence Control (Gain boost control for the high gain mode)
Depth Control
Regulated DC Heater supply for the absolute lowest noise floor

PLUS:

Foot-switchable Clean Channel
Independent Clean Channel with it's own Volume/Bass/Mid/Treble controls. Super lush sounding clean tones!

Current Gear: 2006 Gibson Les Paul Classic, Charvel So Cal, 1999 Gibson SG Standard, 2008 Fender Road Worn Strat, 2008 Fender Road Worn Telecaster, Partscaster SRV-lookalike Strat, Martin D28, Gretsch Jim Dandy, Kemper Profiler and Kemper Kab, Marshall JCM800 2203 (Dan Gower modded), Marshall 1960A w/Greenbacks, Positive Grid Spark Mini, various pedals and recording gear!
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• electricfurnaceelectricfurnace Frets: 38
    edited September 12
    Also FS: Marshall 4x12 1960AX vintage style cab with Celestion G12M greenback speakers. Collection only from CF38 postcode (Pontypridd, South Wales)

Great sounding cab with Celestion G12-M speakers (25w per speaker).

Well gigged - adds to the vintage look.

£450.

Current Gear: 2006 Gibson Les Paul Classic, Charvel So Cal, 1999 Gibson SG Standard, 2008 Fender Road Worn Strat, 2008 Fender Road Worn Telecaster, Partscaster SRV-lookalike Strat, Martin D28, Gretsch Jim Dandy, Kemper Profiler and Kemper Kab, Marshall JCM800 2203 (Dan Gower modded), Marshall 1960A w/Greenbacks, Positive Grid Spark Mini, various pedals and recording gear!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rayttkrayttk Frets: 69
    Awesome, bet you could get lost for days with that amp, totally understand why you’re not sure about selling. GLWTS
  • spirit7spirit7 Frets: 349
    I have an identical Killer Kali ++ (save that it's based on an 83 800).  The best hard rock and metal amp ever made.  GLWTS.
  • wizbit81wizbit81 Frets: 498
    Mine is an '81 KK++. Don't sell it, you'll regret it.
  • Yeah, they are absolutely incredible, but I hate to say it - my Kemper gets more airtime as I’m not gigging anymore! 

The Gower JcM’s are incredible though - I actually ended up keeping this over a Soldano SLO that I had at the time time - the Gower is THAT good, but it barely gets used. 
  • OnparOnpar Frets: 444
    This is a dream amp.

I have a Gower modded JVM and it kicks ass!! Can only imagine how awesome your 800 sounds. GLWTS

• Keep it!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • spirit7spirit7 Frets: 349
    Keep it +1
  • rockmonsterrockmonster Frets: 862
    edited December 2023
    The Gower JcM’s are incredible though - I actually ended up keeping this over a Soldano SLO that I had at the time time - the Gower is THAT good, 
    I agree and I too kept my Gower (JVM) and punted on an SLO100

Any pics of the back?
  • Yeah will sort some back pics shortly - away at the mo!
  • New year bump! More pics to follow too
  • Bump
  • rockmonsterrockmonster Frets: 862
    edited January 17
    Still waiting for some decent photos- clearly not very keen to sell! (Can’t say I blame you!) :)
  • Haha, sorry, still for sale will take some decent photos on the weekend , everytime look at it I plug in and want to keep it.

Still for sale though!!
  • bump....!
  • relucant bump!
  • kipplekipple Frets: 373
    edited August 29
    <ADMIN EDIT: No. Offsite disputes don't give you an excuse to break our rules. >
    I put peoples heads in horse's beds

• kipplekipple Frets: 373
    edited August 29
    <…. and a second admin edit …>
    I put peoples heads in horse's beds

• No longer for sale at the moment as my Kemper has decided to play up so I need to keep this for now. 

Above buyer did buy via ebay but I instantly refunded as I didn’t have a chance to take the listing down. 
  • Current Gear: 2006 Gibson Les Paul Classic, Charvel So Cal, 1999 Gibson SG Standard, 2008 Fender Road Worn Strat, 2008 Fender Road Worn Telecaster, Partscaster SRV-lookalike Strat, Martin D28, Gretsch Jim Dandy, Kemper Profiler and Kemper Kab, Marshall JCM800 2203 (Dan Gower modded), Marshall 1960A w/Greenbacks, Positive Grid Spark Mini, various pedals and recording gear!