Weekend State Debut Album Separate Sides

Finally got round to getting this released. Feedback, streams, downloads, donations all welcome  =)

https://weekendstate.bandcamp.com/album/separate-sides

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CMW335CMW335 Frets: 2061
    edited January 5
    Giving this a little bump on the scrounge for some listens and feedback appreciated @thecolourbox I forgot to give you a heads up sorry.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KurtisKurtis Frets: 924
    Having a wee listen just now...some really good, driving, stuff there.

Bit of oasis inspiration? 
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 10166
    Ahhhhh how did i miss this!! I'm stoked to hear this in its entirety. You know how much I rate your songs and arrangements, and to have a full album worth after all the work and effort you have put into it is a proper treat.

We need more fretboarders to have a good listen, come on guys!
    Taking part in 1000 Lights - raising money for Uprawr Mental Health Foundation
    https://www.justgiving.com/page/pianomatt-1000lights
    Kurtis said:
    Having a wee listen just now...some really good, driving, stuff there.

Bit of oasis inspiration? 
    Thanks… just a little bit  =)

The band that inspired me to pick up a guitar and most of these songs were written mid 90s peak Oasis. 

Ahhhhh how did i miss this!! I'm stoked to hear this in its entirety. You know how much I rate your songs and arrangements, and to have a full album worth after all the work and effort you have put into it is a proper treat.

We need more fretboarders to have a good listen, come on guys!
    Thanks mate you are too kind  :3
    Think my favourite might be all got something to say. Also the vocals on princess are excellent.

Really good stuff though, I'd be more than happy to hear you guys on a night out! 
    edited January 5
    Kurtis said:
    Think my favourite might be all got something to say. Also the vocals on princess are excellent.

Really good stuff though, I'd be more than happy to hear you guys on a night out! 
    That ship has sailed unfortunately as we disbanded and the purpose of the recording the album was really to not lose the songs as we never got round to recording to any great standard at the time.

Funnily enough you are not the first to pick out All Got Something To Say but that was never intended to be on there. It was a B-Side in my mind but happened to be I ran out of time to get some of the other tracks done that would have been ahead of it.

Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment, very much appreciated 
    CMW335 said:
    Kurtis said:

That ship has sailed unfortunately as we disbanded and the purpose of the recording the album was really to not lose the songs as we never got round to recording to any great standard at the time.

Funnily enough you are not the first to pick out All Got Something To Say but that was never intended to be on there. It was a B-Side in my mind but happened to be I ran out of time to get some of the other tracks done that would have been ahead of it.

Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment, very much appreciated 

That's interesting about the b-side thing. I liked some of oasis' b sides too  :)

Probably just the mood I'm in atm at another time I'd maybe go for one of the others. They're all good!
    I've had a listen through my headphones whilst tidying the kitchen up (that's rock and (kitchen) roll for ya).

Mate, congrats, that's a stunning album and absolutely exceeded my already high expectations.  What a great thing to have such a beautiful record of those songs, and of the hard work and heart and soul you and the others have poured into it. There are so many highlights, my favourite tunes are Done Baby, No Romance and Strawberry Dawn but there's so much else going on in each track. Great productions, arrangements,  and nicely building up all the time. I enjoyed the chaos of Livewire, the rhythm groove of Playing the Edge, and you know I already liked Way Back When so much I did a version.

I also enjoyed the inter-relatedness of the lyrics that sometimes crops up, especially having heard bits of songs that didn't make it (Fade to Grey!). 

Beautiful stuff and I'm so pleased for you getting it all done and out there. Well done mate
    I've had a listen through my headphones whilst tidying the kitchen up (that's rock and (kitchen) roll for ya).

Mate, congrats, that's a stunning album and absolutely exceeded my already high expectations.  What a great thing to have such a beautiful record of those songs, and of the hard work and heart and soul you and the others have poured into it. There are so many highlights, my favourite tunes are Done Baby, No Romance and Strawberry Dawn but there's so much else going on in each track. Great productions, arrangements,  and nicely building up all the time. I enjoyed the chaos of Livewire, the rhythm groove of Playing the Edge, and you know I already liked Way Back When so much I did a version.

I also enjoyed the inter-relatedness of the lyrics that sometimes crops up, especially having heard bits of songs that didn't make it (Fade to Grey!). 

Beautiful stuff and I'm so pleased for you getting it all done and out there. Well done mate
    Thanks so much for the purchase mate but infinitely more grateful for these words and you taking the time to listen. I actually had your version of Way Back When mixed and mastered with the rest which I plan to include on an EP at some point with your permission of course. 

I will ping you the master next time I am on the laptop
    It's my pleasure to get to hear it all, it won't be the last listen I can assure you of that. It made blitzing the kitchen a whole lot easier haha just really good soulful uplifting music, well put together and your collective personalities come through really well whilst also representing your influences with style.

I'm very flattered you included my little attempt haha of course you can do whatever you wish to with it, it's your song, a privilege to be able to do it
    It's my pleasure to get to hear it all, it won't be the last listen I can assure you of that. It made blitzing the kitchen a whole lot easier haha just really good soulful uplifting music, well put together and your collective personalities come through really well whilst also representing your influences with style.

I'm very flattered you included my little attempt haha of course you can do whatever you wish to with it, it's your song, a privilege to be able to do it
    Did you go full ‘I Want To Break Free’ Freddie Mercury?  =)

Thansk again mate