Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Effing drummers!

What's Hot

Comments

• So, you just get the new demo sorted after God-knows how long, and the drummer decides he jacking it in. I wonder why we fucking well bother sometimes!

Now the search for start all over again for someone in the locale who isn't (a) mentally unstable, (b) a pervert, (c) on remand, (d) averse to washing, (e) can string more than two words together, (f) an alky and finally, (g) can play the drums.

Wish me luck.

I know one. My 10 year old son. Whacks them skins like John Bonham with a Jazz swing feel.
    But he's under 18 and not local.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

Chilli doesn't mind them under 18 though.

Oh drummers? yeah, he prefers them above the age of drooling....

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

So, you just get the new demo sorted after God-knows how long, and the drummer decides he jacking it in. I wonder why we fucking well bother sometimes!

Now the search for start all over again for someone in the locale who isn't (a) mentally unstable, (b) a pervert, (c) on remand, (d) averse to washing, (e) can string more than two words together, (f) an alky and finally, (g) can play the drums.

Wish me luck.

Let's answer the problems one at a time.

a) no chance

b) In Margate - no chance

c) In Margate - no chance

d) possible, but unlikely

e) no chance you want a drummerist

f) No chance, that's the first 12 drum lessons.

g) quite likely, but you'll have to get a drool bucket.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17140
    edited October 2014
    You're not going to believe this, but it's absolutely true: I've just got off the phone to a prospective drummer who's parting comment was to tell me that he had a wooden leg, which sometimes made it difficult on the hi-hat.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Well that's only a minor set-back in relation to the other issues you have already outlined.

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 16465
    fuck me, long john silver's gonna be playing drums in chillis band. That should draw in the punters.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1542
    You're not going to believe this, but it's absolutely true: I've just got off the phone to a prospective drummer who's parting comment was to tell me that he had a wooden leg, which sometimes made it difficult on the hi-hat.
      I have a mate with a wooden leg.
    Hes ace.
    we could throw darts at his leg when he was at the bar, all the womenz would be  amazed he didnt flinch!
    We called him Bonk! All the womenz thought he had a massive hard on when he walked.
    Them were the days. ps He was a good footballer but once he kicked my bird up the arse ,just to let  on! she said it didnt half hurt.
    Oh, and the other thing was he'd been in a Cliff Richard tribute band, but the gigs dried up or were cancelled when Cliff's house got raided.

I had to stifle a laugh at that one.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4713
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee's winding you up

I wish that were the case, but this is Thanet remember, and so its odds on that it's true.

Or did his gigs dry up after his house got raided?

• Sorry if it's been mentioned but what were his reasons..!?
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16656
    I have a mate who is a great guitarist and has an artificial leg. Can't use a wah. I have memories of Hamburger Mary, a rock band in the West Mids whose fame rested entirely on having a one legged drummer.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    Sorry if it's been mentioned but what were his reasons..!?

Working hours changes.

• VimFuego said:
    fuck me, long john silver's gonna be playing drums in chillis band. That should draw in the punters.
    We played with a female fronted metal band with a midget drummer once. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • I guess these things happen..??
    I'm loving my band but at the same time, I'd still love to travel abroad...
  • imaloneimalone Frets: 748

So, you just get the new demo sorted after God-knows how long, and the drummer decides he jacking it in. I wonder why we fucking well bother sometimes!

Wish me luck.

Would love to help, and I certainly can't play drums, but I'm afraid I can string more than two words together. :)
    By that, I assume you fit the remaining criteria, and therefore you are the new drummer!

• GassageGassage Frets: 31584
    I have a mate who is a great guitarist and has an artificial leg. Can't use a wah. I have memories of Hamburger Mary, a rock band in the West Mids whose fame rested entirely on having a one legged drummer.

Useless. Ruins my fave drummer joke. (What's got 3 legs and a c*nt? Drumstool)

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

edited October 2014

This just received:-

hi this is jon ilive 10 mins from Dartford ime into zep the cars foos lizzy humble pie ive got kit transport and ready to go 20 years exp jon

I don't know what to say.