Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Effing drummers!

What's Hot

So, you just get the new demo sorted after God-knows how long, and the drummer decides he jacking it in. I wonder why we fucking well bother sometimes!

Now the search for start all over again for someone in the locale who isn't (a) mentally unstable, (b) a pervert, (c) on remand, (d) averse to washing, (e) can string more than two words together, (f) an alky and finally, (g) can play the drums.

Wish me luck.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Al Esis Essarsix-Tene. He's good. Satisfies a,b,c,d,f,g and doesn't need to satisfy e. 
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  •  

Now the search for start all over again for someone in the locale who isn't (a) mentally unstable, (b) a pervert, (c) on remand, (d) averse to washing, (e) can string more than two words together, (f) an alky and finally, (g) can play the drums.

Gotta say... think you might be aiming a bit too high there!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2518
    I think you'll find that's a mutually exclusive list you've created there.
    Take off (g) and I think you'll be OK though.
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17140
    You think I might have to drop some of the criteria?

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 16465
    depends how far you're casting the net, stick to the thanet area and straight away you'll need to bin a to f. I'm sure you'll have no trouble finding someone who can hit things, so g should be OK.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

Good point. I'll pop down the town centre on Saturday night!

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

Ahahahahahahahahaha.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• FuzzdogFuzzdog Frets: 839
    To be fair, a) to f) pretty much sum up most drummers I have worked with over the years.  I think those are more of a requirement for the people wanting the role of drummer than g) is.  :))
    -- Before you ask, no, I am in no way, shape or form related to Fuzzdog pedals, I was Fuzzdog before Fuzzdog were Fuzzdog.  Unless you want to give me free crap, then I'm related to whatever the hell you like! --
  • Drum machine?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • So, you just get the new demo sorted after God-knows how long, and the drummer decides he jacking it in. 

I can't believe how often this happens. All that trouble and hard work. They let you do it all and then they want to pull out. The fuckers. 

I do wish you luck in your hunt

edited October 2014
    I wouldn't mind so much, but we put the band on hold for a long time when he told us he was having problems with his marriage and needed some time out. What can you do? No-one's under contract, and it's not as if we've cancelled a world tour, or anything. It's just annoying, but we'll have to just suck it up, and start again.

• vizviz Frets: 11023
    FX_Munkee said:
    I think you'll find that's a mutually exclusive list you've created there.
    Take off (g) and I think you'll be OK though.

Hahahahahahahahaha brilliant!
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    I've had two responses to the advert, and both respondents appear to be able to write. Maybe things are looking up.

• stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7339
    You can have our drummer.

He is a useless twat.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    That's a kind, and tempting, offer and restores one's confidence in human nature.

If our auditions are running true to form however, I believe that there is likely to be a line of useless local bell-ends to get through first. Frankly, it'd be easier to find a good toaster.

• Did he jack in the drums or just the band? 
    Very hard to find decent people!
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7752
    Drum machine?
    You only have to punch the information in once.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    stonevibe said:
    You can have our drummer.

He is a useless twat. drummer

;)

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Did he jack in the drums or just the band? 
    Very hard to find decent people!

The band. 

• You can have our toaster!

I went down the drum machine route many years ago after our drummer (the speeding up/slowing down variety) called it a day. Carter USM were popular at the time and I was a fan of the Sisters of Mercy who had managed perfectly well without a drummer. I bought a drum machine, spent days programming it only to find that the rest of the band were completely unable to play in time with it.

Anyway, the drummer came back and we all lived happily ever after. Well actually we split up a year later amidst the usual bitterness, recrimination and the other guitarist throwing the drummer into his kit, mid rehearsal.

Good luck with the auditions!
    ^#(^
    Link to my trading feedback