Show me your living room amps

What's Hot
EpsilonEpsilon Frets: 645
edited January 20 in Amps
Toying with the idea of getting a small combo amp to sit in the living room. Don't tell my wife. This is a safe space.

Would need to be something low powered and aesthetically pleasing if it is to have any chance of remaining there. I'm thinking something like a small Supro or Vox. Not much interested in modelling or Solid State.

Anyway, what are others doing in this area? Give me some inspiration.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7898
    Not owned one but perhaps a Vox ac4tv? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 4070
    Living room amp… there’s a dream. My wife wouldn’t let me leave a plectrum in the living room.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • snowblindsnowblind Frets: 446
    Got away with one of these in t'living room for a short while. As long as it wasn't switched on it could pass for a piece of furniture.

Sadly, didn't last. Now even the old stereo is banished to a cupboard in the back of the room.
    Old, overweight and badly maintained. Unlike my amps which are just old and overweight.
  • RickLucasRickLucas Frets: 421
    1971 Vibro Champ
  • AirmilesAirmiles Frets: 44
    Carr amps look like 50s radiograms....

• YorkieYorkie Frets: 1562
    My AC15C1 blends in effortlessly and sounds flipping amazing: 

Adopted northerner with Asperger syndrome. I sometimes struggle with empathy and sarcasm – please bear with me.   
    My trading feedback: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/210335/yorkie

• NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 856
    Here is mine. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WhistlerWhistler Frets: 325
    Epsilon said:
    Don't tell my wife.
    I won’t but you should. Show her the examples that are being suggested and ask her which ones appeal to her the most so that she is onboard with the new small furniture item that will appear in the lounge.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • edited January 21
    Got a few which could be considered 'living room amp', but of the ones I do have, I'd say the Caline Lorcan best fits that use, not least because its format doesn't make your living room look like a rehersal room. It can literally fit in a desk drawer.

There are a few reasons why I'd say it was a great choice, but the fact that it can literally sit on the sofa beside you, or on the smallest of a nest of tables and still leave room for a coffee cup, is a big plus point. It can run off its battery for about three hours. Having built in delay and distortion is good, since you don't need to add anything for it to sound great, but the fact that it can also power three other pedals means it is flexible enough to get fancier without a lot of wiring faff. It can take an aux in if you want to jam to stuff and has a headphone jack for privacy, but it actually sounds surprisingly good on its speakers, in spite of their diminutive size. Can also be used as a pre-amp as well, if you wanted to do more with it. It is loud enough to busk with if you ever wanted to do that and will run for a good while if doing so.

Last but not least, it only costs about fifty five quid, so it's almost a no brainer to get one.
    My youtube music channel is here My youtube aviation channel is here
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27757
    Yamaha THR and Tonemaster Princeton here.

Though if I could get them more easily where I lived (both in terms of logistics AND price..) I'd probably have a house full of Carrs
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • jellybellyjellybelly Frets: 782
    edited January 21
    Yamaha THR and Tonemaster Princeton here.

Though if I could get them more easily where I lived (both in terms of logistics AND price..) I'd probably have a house full of Carrs
    This. My wife has been happy with vintage -looking Fenders and the Yamaha THR10. 

She's not ok with 'black aggressive man boxes' like my L6 Catalyst. If it were tan I reckon she'd be ok though...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24879
    My lounge amp is a 1000W bass rig.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FezFez Frets: 546
    My lounge amp is a 1000W bass rig.
    I was going to suggest a full Marshall stack but your bass rig trumps even that.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • Alex2678Alex2678 Frets: 1169
    Blends in seamlessly 
    2reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2591
    Just tell the wife they make great furniture 

2reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Th4fonzTh4fonz Frets: 268
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Th4fonzTh4fonz Frets: 268
    Well it’s in the living room
  • ryanverbenaryanverbena Frets: 443
    They key is blending it in with the furniture (I don't think she's even noticed them)

2reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jellybellyjellybelly Frets: 782
    They key is blending it in with the furniture (I don't think she's even noticed them)

Plants as camouflage, why didn't I think of that?
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom