Listening to music at work increases accuracy and speed

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    To be fair Vim, a copy of Razzle would have done the same thing.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • if you're a professional musician you MUST listen to music at work. How else do you stay tight with the band or orchestra?

"Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    if you're a professional musician you MUST listen to music at work. How else do you stay tight with the band or orchestra?

Drink more?

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2494
    Bucket said:
    Whenever I'm trying to do college work at home (or when I was revising for A levels) I found it very difficult to work with music on, no matter what it was, because the music just distracted me from whatever I was doing.

Totally agree with this.  Listening to music I like when I'm trying to focus ends up being a distraction. I occasionally listen to classical whilst studying but generally I have no music on at all - I'd get naff all done if Pantera was part of my educational backdrop. Instead, I treat myself to a few tunes when I have a break and it suits me fine.
  • Once you're beyond entry level positions work is typically a social activity so listening to music kinda makes it more difficult.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16656
    I always feel sorry for whoever is working a supermarket till next to the Thomas the Tank Engine ride on thing. Same 30 second tune over and over. Anyway, got to do some work now. Let's see what an afternoon of two tone and Peter Tosh does.

essentially got me listening to two tone and Peter Tosh, had to turn it off to work. :o3
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • imaloneimalone Frets: 748
    Anything that means I don't have to listen to people talking at the other end of the open plan office probably increases my accuracy and speed. Music is fine, spoken word is incredibly distracting.
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    When I'm out and about I only feel relaxed with death metal. I tried other metals but it didn't make me zone out in the same way.
    My V key is broken
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    mike_l said:

What about thrash metal? What work ges done better with that?

Prog, where does prog fall into this list?

Classic rock.

The list is pitiful

Thrash if your work involves driving a white van

Prog if your work requires you to be wrong all the time

Classic Rock if your work requires you convince everyone that you are right all the time

play every note as if it were your first
    holnrew said:
    When I'm out and about I only feel relaxed with death metal. I tried other metals but it didn't make me zone out in the same way.
    death metal if you aspire to "when I grow up I'm gonna test games cos I'll be awesomes at it I will"
    if you're a professional musician you MUST listen to music at work. How else do you stay tight with the band or orchestra?

that assumes that you are listening to the same music as everyone else...

I know a drummer that listens to Zappa on his iPod, at rehearsals whilst playing with the band.. mental..

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom