Fender hardtail bridge identification help.

What's Hot
Can anyone help identify this hardtail bridge.

Bought it recently being previously owned by alan rogan (Pete townsends tech). 

I think it's brass ,  I remember having something similar in the past but was more heavy duty. 

Thanks 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2527
    Looks like the hardtail version of the trem from the 1980's model 'The Strat'
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74494
    Definitely all brass - that was popular in the late 70s and early 80s. As Strat54 said, I think it's the bridge from a hardtail 'The Strat' - the saddles are American Precision Metalworks (a precursor to Kahler) which were supplied to Fender. There's another example, with a different baseplate with a much thicker back bar, here - http://www.usacharvels.com/id/pg17.htm - scroll down about a third of the way.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 25109
    ICBM said:
    Definitely all brass - that was popular in the late 70s and early 80s. As Strat54 said, I think it's the bridge from a hardtail 'The Strat' - the saddles are American Precision Metalworks (a precursor to Kahler) which were supplied to Fender. There's another example, with a different baseplate with a much thicker back bar, here - http://www.usacharvels.com/id/pg17.htm - scroll down about a third of the way.

They definitely look like the same saddles.  But did they make a hardtail version of "The Strat"?  I can't recall ever seeing one.

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15276
    I vaguely recall a bridge with saddles like that appearing in the Adrian Legg book, How To Customise Your Electric Guitar. I need to unearth the book to confirm what brand Legg claimed the bridge was. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74494
    Philly_Q said:

They definitely look like the same saddles.  But did they make a hardtail version of "The Strat"?  I can't recall ever seeing one.
    Nor me, but looking at the pic in the link above, I think they may have existed. Either that or the bridge was only available as an aftermarket upgrade for earlier hardtails. Whichever it is, I'm sure it's a genuine Fender part, but I think it's going to be very rare.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• As previously mentioned, part of the Fender/Kahler Brass Works collaboration. It would be a Standard Series bridge. 

Fender LEAD3の小川銀次モデル "The Powercaster" 化 #コスプレ|田村六蔵 (note.com)  - in the last half of the article for pictures. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2527
    Looks like the poor version of the Schecter brass hardware (pre 1984) Not Fender's finest period. 
  • Thanks for all the comments and links . 
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15430
    tFB Trader
    ICBM said:
    Philly_Q said:

Nor me, but looking at the pic in the link above, I think they may have existed. Either that or the bridge was only available as an aftermarket upgrade for earlier hardtails. Whichever it is, I'm sure it's a genuine Fender part, but I think it's going to be very rare.
    I'm the same - I can't ever recall a stop tail version - It doesn't mean it doesn't exist, but I certainly never stock, ordered, sold or seen one
  • CasperCasterCasperCaster Frets: 769
    edited February 11
    Looks like a Fender Brassworks bridge, sold as parts by Fender to take advantage of market for brass parts and compete with aftermarket parts from the likes of Schecter and Mighty Mite.

Edit: @digtheditch has it, interesting link too.
  • FezFez Frets: 577
    Mighty Mite there's a name from the past.
    Don't touch that dial.