Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Leaked Biffy Clyro rider reveals rock star excess

What's Hot

Comments

• Seems fairly tame to me for a band at that level - some booze, some decent scoff and some accommodation...no mention of m and ms...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • "The band also wanted two packets of “kettle crisps (one black pepper, one surprise)”"

Awww bless.... despite success... it's still nice to get a surprise crisp flavour!

"two packets of “interesting” chocolate biscuits""

Rock and roll!!!

"The tour management office, as well as a Pink Lady apple, wanted a bottle of squeezy honey, stating: “Must be a squeezer. A jar will not work.”"

One can only imagine about the necessity for squeeziness!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

They want a runner who can speak "fluent English". unlike the band who speak "fluent Scotish"

;)

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
    Their management shouldn't have even bothered to give a response - what a stupid article....non-story...and to think I used to work at The Scotsman
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17886
    tFB Trader
    What a pathetic article.

The person writing the story seems to have failed to understand that putting on a show might require more than just the three members of the band. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    It's funny because a good chunk of the stuff is for hangers on and management.

Me, I'm easy, some gentleman Jack, pizza and a bed :D
  • Seems fairly tame to me for a band at that level - some booze, some decent scoff and some accommodation...no mention of m and ms...
    The M&Ms story actually makes a lot of sense when you understand why they did it - it's because they had some very specific safety requirements regarding the stage setup, so it was a test to see whether the venue's staff had read the detail of the rider properly.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • MazzaGMazzaG Frets: 82
    I've followed Biffy since I was about 15 (23 now) and saw them at the Barfly in Camden around that time too, it's actually inspiring to see a band go from where they started to now.

They've had a lot of ups and downs (alcoholic drummer etc) but through sheer hard work, great (sometimes) music and a bit of luck they've done it.
  • RoxRox Frets: 2147
    Seems fairly tame to me for a band at that level - some booze, some decent scoff and some accommodation...no mention of m and ms...
    The M&Ms story actually makes a lot of sense when you understand why they did it - it's because they had some very specific safety requirements regarding the stage setup, so it was a test to see whether the venue's staff had read the detail of the rider properly.
    Expertly explained by David Lee Roth in his autobiography.  :)
  • I can't help but think that a "surprise" packet of crisps opens you up to all sorts of pranks. Anyone for a Hedgehog and Jism flavour? :)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24865
    I love the whole concept of a rider. If I were famous I'd make sure there were a few things in there that would raise eyebrows - just because I could. I read that when Mark Radcliffe and Mark Riley toured as The Shirehorses, they stipulated two tubes of Anusol on theirs - only because they found its overly direct brand name funny.
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    18 under-age "looking" Japanese girls please. I wanna teach them how to play hopskotch!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    If you wanna kill an hour, this site has loads of official riders. Loads and loads
    http://www.thesmokinggun.com/backstage
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27743
    None of that Biffy stuff is outlandish. They basically just want to be fed and watered and able to be toweled off afterwards. Not very "rock n roll" in a Guns & Roses kinda way, but that's just not how bands work any more.

I've seen a couple of excellently amusing Foo Fighters ones. Always good to give a laugh to the poor sod who has to arrange all that shit to look after 100+ members of a road crew!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12512
    No "proper sized sandwiches" ? Amateurs.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I love the whole concept of a rider. If I were famous I'd make sure there were a few things in there that would raise eyebrows - just because I could. I read that when Mark Radcliffe and Mark Riley toured as The Shirehorses, they stipulated two tubes of Anusol on theirs - only because they found its overly direct brand name funny.
    It's actually the best too.
    My V key is broken
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24673
    edited October 2014
    MazzaG said:
    They've had a lot of ups and downs (alcoholic drummer etc) but...
    Er... I'm not sure there are any other types of drummer - is there ?  Every one I've known has been an alcoholic.
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
  • This is about right for a band of that size. What people dont realise is these guys live on the road, so when they make requests for Socks, Ginger, Toothbrushes, Mousteriser, Red apples, its because they cant walk into the kitchen or bathroom at home for these things. They get of a plane and want home comforts, whether thats Lynx africa or Razzle.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    Christ, it's hardly Led Zeppelin or Black Sabbath. Bunch of amateurs.
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7922
    mmmm, Mousteriser. . .
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom