Strat Bridge

What's Hot
blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2934
Evening all, 

Can anyone tell me what bridge this is ? It’s on a Blacktop Strat but don’t think it’s original, was hoping someone could help. 

Much appreciated 

https://imgur.com/gallery/yuzoNk6
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SlopeSoarerSlopeSoarer Frets: 876
    edited February 10
    Has someone replaced the saddles?

Something like this?

• Fingers657Fingers657 Frets: 660
    edited February 10
    Fender use those style on a few models.
    Ive got them on my Fender Custom Telecaster FMT HH guitar.
    https://ibb.co/3BFh1sn

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Looks like someones replaced the saddles on a fender 6 screw classic with modern saddles off their 2 point knife tremolo?
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74494
    They look like Gotoh saddles, but I don’t think they do that type with a plain vintage-style baseplate, so as already said I think just the saddles have been changed.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2934
    Thanks very much everyone. :)
  • The block rather than the saddles may hold the answer. I think the original Blacktops had the Mex Std trem, with a zinc block stamped 'PW29' in the base. Not sure about the later run with mahogany bodies which came out a few years later. Anyway, if the block is 'PW29' then just the saddles have been swapped out. 
    The block rather than the saddles may hold the answer. I think the original Blacktops had the Mex Std trem, with a zinc block stamped 'PW29' in the base. Not sure about the later run with mahogany bodies which came out a few years later. Anyway, if the block is 'PW29' then just the saddles have been swapped out. 
    Oh nice one man, I’ll check that out. This is a 2014 model and is well light and based on other Strats , its alder. The pickups are fantastic.  
  • CasperCasterCasperCaster Frets: 769
    edited February 11
    blueskunk said:

Oh nice one man, I’ll check that out. This is a 2014 model and is well light and based on other Strats , its alder. The pickups are fantastic.  

From your picture it looks like the first version - yours looks like it might be in Faded Sonic Blue? (Black and CAR were the other options).

The first version were alder, and the body will have a swimming pool rout, which made production easy for the other version (HSH with a covered Tele style neck pickup in the middle, available in a charcoal metallic colour which Fender called Titanium Silver). There was also a Floyd equipped version.

After the Blacktop series ended, they briefly made a Mexican Std HH variant with 'Blacktop Humbuckers'. I've never seen inside one of these so I can't comment on the routing. The 'Blacktop Humbuckers' were uncovered and have one black plastic bobbin and one chrome plastic bobbin. I've no idea if the technical specs of the black/chrome pickups are the same as the covered humbuckers.

The most recent iteration was again it's own series (like yours), but with a big headstock neck, mahogany body and gold hardware. There was a HHH version, and I think a HH version too, though I'm not really familiar with these mahogany ones.
    @CasperCaster ;

Thanks for the information man. I was lucky as this came with a set of Oil City Pickups! 

Riot Act in the neck and Beano in the bridge! I have used Ashes pickups before and always liked em but these are something else. I can’t get a bad tone, which is unusual for me haha. The split positions are astounding and have lots of range with tone and volume. 

The guitar itself is very well made, light, resonant and really playable , like good Strats are.