Gibson Garage, London...

What's Hot
18910111214»

Comments

• To be fair if the prices are going to be top whack anywhere it will be there. No excuse really on setup but I suppose what suits one of us won't necessarily suit everyone else.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 7215
    Philly_Q said:
    Switch625 said:
    Nerine said:
    Some of the merch looks real cool. Those Kramer t shirts look ace. I don’t own a Kramer, but I’d buy one of those t shirts. 
    I’m going next week with my mate. Looking forward to it. 

Can we expect it to be monumentally busy, or not too bad?? 
    I went on a weekday lunchtime and it was pretty empty bar a few people. I imagine on weekends it might get busier. But it's also tucked away down a side street so not much foot traffic going on around there.
    Also very close to the West End Donor Centre, if anyone wants to pop in and give blood.
    Honestly thought the end of that sentence was going to be 'if anyone fancies a kebab'.
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2330
    When I went there last month about half the guitars were left handed which seemed a bit odd. 
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 11859
    tFB Trader
    Fishboy7 said:
    When I went there last month about half the guitars were left handed which seemed a bit odd. 
    Only around 10% of the world's population is left handed ... so perhaps they need to pad out the displays a bit ... and left handers tend to sit on the shelves of ordinary retailers for ages. As almost all folks who go to the garage won't actually buy a guitar, then it adds eye candy from otherwise slow selling stock. 
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • davrosdavros Frets: 1524
    They had a left handed event with 50+ guitars in June, there are probably a lot still there
  • Th4fonzTh4fonz Frets: 283
    A couple of the best gibsons I’ve ever played have been in there that were lifelong guitars just the prices 7.5-10k

a great store with great staff.  
  • KurtisKurtis Frets: 1136
    edited September 22
    I don't understand why people are complaining about the prices of Gibson merchandise, have any of you seen the prices of other brand's merchandise like Fender, Gretsch, Ibanez, PRS, and everyone else, not just what guitar or instrument brands charge for theirs?  When we where down there we bought 9 t-shirts, several shirts, and a tin of pics full of pics I hate just because I wanted the Gibson branded tin, and I don't for one second feel hard done by or ripped off in the slightest means, the clothing is really really good quality, much much better than others merchandise, especially bands merchandise like t-shirts.
    Yep, they're all a ripoff. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • davros said:
    They had a left handed event with 50+ guitars in June, there are probably a lot still there
    How did I not hear about this! Shame I missed it.
  • I visited for the first time a few weeks ago. Was having a pretty bad tinder date, and almost walked into it. She was a lightweight, and after 3 drinks and hearing me stumble through a few licks, said some very eyebrow-raising things in front of the salesman who wouldn’t give anyone room to breathe. I hope he felt as awkward as me!  Probably worth it to visit once. Cool display, £75 t shirts. Wouldn’t make it a regular trip. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3667
    Fishboy7 said:
    It's political-correctness gone mad, innit?
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4955
    carlos said:
    Fishboy7 said:
    It's political-correctness gone mad, innit?
    Sounds sinister to me!  :)
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 5105
    I visited for the first time a few weeks ago. Was having a pretty bad tinder date, and almost walked into it. She was a lightweight, and after 3 drinks and hearing me stumble through a few licks, said some very eyebrow-raising things in front of the salesman who wouldn’t give anyone room to breathe. I hope he felt as awkward as me!  Probably worth it to visit once. Cool display, £75 t shirts. Wouldn’t make it a regular trip. 
    I nearly bought a £28 T-shirt; I might buy one if I go again.
    On going out I was accosted by a very attractive Eastern European woman who had apparently lost her purse and needed money to get home; unfortunately, I don't carry cash and so had to decline.

• OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 11859
    tFB Trader
    prowla said:
    I visited for the first time a few weeks ago. Was having a pretty bad tinder date, and almost walked into it. She was a lightweight, and after 3 drinks and hearing me stumble through a few licks, said some very eyebrow-raising things in front of the salesman who wouldn’t give anyone room to breathe. I hope he felt as awkward as me!  Probably worth it to visit once. Cool display, £75 t shirts. Wouldn’t make it a regular trip. 
    On going out I was accosted by a very attractive Eastern European woman who had apparently lost her purse and needed money to get home; unfortunately, I don't carry cash and so had to decline.

I wonder if she's married to a Nigerian businessman who needs help to get $30,000,000 out of the country? 
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • prowla said:

I wonder if she's married to a Nigerian businessman who needs help to get $30,000,000 out of the country? 
    Oh, I met him the other week - just waiting on an update & waiting to get my 300% return back. Hope his wife makes it back home.

I popped into the Gibson garage with my brother a while back. For someone who loves music he had zero interest in a shop full of a guitars. I dropped a lot of hints about the 90s logo T-shirt, so I bloody well better be getting one for Christmas. Except he mostly wanted to go to the pub so I’m sure he wasn’t paying attention.
  • jimificationjimification Frets: 166
    edited September 26
    Is that some kind of vetting strategy? You just pop in to a guitar shop with your date to administer the long term litmus test...."KerrannnngggggGGGGG!!"..... 

a) "Ooh your playing sounds lovely on that, you should get one! What about getting some of those little pedal things to go with it?" = Excellent prospect
    b) "Oh dear! Have you just started learning? Gosh, these are expensive, aren't they!?" = Could be hard to manage long term
  • I visited for the first time a few weeks ago. Was having a pretty bad tinder date, and almost walked into it. She was a lightweight, and after 3 drinks and hearing me stumble through a few licks, said some very eyebrow-raising things in front of the salesman who wouldn’t give anyone room to breathe. I hope he felt as awkward as me!  Probably worth it to visit once. Cool display, £75 t shirts. Wouldn’t make it a regular trip. 
    Is that some kind of vetting strategy? You just pop in to a guitar shop with your date to administer the long term litmus test...."KerrannnngggggGGGGG!!"..... 

a) "Ooh your playing sounds lovely on that, you should get one! What about getting some of those little pedal things to go with it?" = Excellent prospect
    b) "Oh dear! Have you just started learning? Gosh, these are expensive, aren't they!?" = Could be hard to manage long term
    That’s not a bad shout. Sadly, it was more post-watershed dialogue and I was glad to leave, albeit sadly not alone.