Budget Delays

What's Hot
gubblegubble Frets: 1826

So it's payday this week and for the first time in over a year i might actually have some cash to spend on me.

So i'm after a new delay. I'm not the biggest delay user however i think it would help my live sound. I'm currently using a Belcat Delay which is great but not massively versitile.

I'm therefore thinking of trying to bag a s/h Boss DD3 - what other options are out there up to around £60?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

You could do a load worse than a Digitech Digidelay.

Not massively different in sounds to the Boss DD-6 and pretty solidly built.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • gubblegubble Frets: 1826
    Thanks @Mike_I i'll check that out !
  • breadfanbreadfan Frets: 383
    Personally, I'd go with the DD-3.

It's a great sounding pedal, very reliable & there are loads of them around, so you should have no problems getting one for under your budget.

• hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    What do you want that the belcat isn't doing? The DD3 sounds different but isn't massively different in terms of features.
  • gubblegubble Frets: 1826

I'd like a bit longer delay length and also something that i know will be 100% reliable on the board (hence the Boss).

however saying that in four years the belcat has not let me down (touch wood)

• Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2460
    I'm guessing it's between the Boss and Digitech. The Hardwire one isn't that much more on Thomann (another £20 or so).
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4713
    edited October 2014
    I've just ordered the Artec Analog Delay ADL2.. the reviews look promising so i'll let you know when it arrives (i have the Boss DD-7 already which is ok but the analogue setting on that is pretty weak)
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2161
    I bought a DD3 used, they just work. Also think of all the records they've been used on?
    If you want analogue voiced delay for £not-too-much then the Visual Sound Axle Grease is good.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• chrispy108chrispy108 Frets: 2336
    I liked the Marshall Echohead I had
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2161
    Actually the Marshall Echohead isn't bad.

Id avoid the EHX No1 Echo. I had one and it sucked tone & volume like nothing else. Everytime I switched it on, it was like someone had wrapped the speakers in cling film 
  • Look out for a Ibanez de-7, killer little delay but I don't think they make them anymore.
  • dchwhitedchwhite Frets: 182
    Zoom ms70cdr? £69 at GAK.
    Stonevibe: 'The best things in life aren't things'.

Trading feedback: Previous (+18) and Current

• xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    mike_l said:

I recommend that too. 

If I were buying again I'd push the boat out a bit more and get the Hardwire. 

Either way, really good multi-function pedals. 
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4026
    Second hand de7 is among the best for the lower priced. Rivals some big hitters too
    Skarloey said:
    mike_l said:

I recommend that too. 

If I were buying again I'd push the boat out a bit more and get the Hardwire. 

Either way, really good multi-function pedals. 
    I think @photek gigs the Hardwire regularly, so yes another good pedal to consider.

• photekphotek Frets: 1507
    As Mike said the Hardwire has done well over 100 gigs and not had a single problem with it. The looper is brilliant as well especially for home jamming.
  • longilongi Frets: 95
    Chord DL50 is pretty good. I loved my old Digidelay and keep thining about getting another one. Lots of other great options as other have suggested.
    Both the people (monquixote and photek) who've borrowed the Axle Grease have really liked it.....

• BidleyBidley Frets: 2959
    Yeah, the Ibanez DE7 is amazing. I got mine when they could be had for about £25, they go for a bit more now though.