SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Welson hollow body Italian guitar, DS2, probably late '60s

What's Hot
CirrusCirrus Frets: 8491
edited April 18 in Guitars £
I don't know lots about this. I think it's a Welson DS2, made in Italy in the late '60s. It's in good condition for it's age, seems to have been modded because it's got two extra holes in the control area that have been plugged. I got it 6 months ago & kept it round for some overdubs on an album project.

Really quirky trem setup is kinda fun, bolt on neck joint is pretty terrible woodworking (photos in link) but the neck itself is thin, vintage and feels nice to me. The tuners are a mixed bag - the b in particular is pretty stiff, but they all work. The MOP inlay on the 7th fret has lifted a bit in the middle. I don't notice it while playing but it's noticeable to look at.

This gets really fun with some gain into my ac30 - it feeds back easily in a musical way, even on higher frets.

Based in south Birmingham, can travel

£250

More photos here:

https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjBhkch

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments