SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Various Microphones

jeidjeid Frets: 0
edited March 22 in Studio & Rec £
I’m very sadly, selling off my entire Microphone collection. I’d built this lot up over a number of years, but with more and more people recording at home or doing it themselves, they’ve largely sat doing nothing for a while. I looked after all of my gear once it was in my possession. Some of the mics had had a hard time before I got them, but they all work, are all genuine and have been used on many recordings/live shows.

I live in Thurso, so all microphones will have a postage cost on top. If you buy a few bits, I might be able to work out some sort of deal. I’m trying to be reasonable with my pricing. I’m not open to negotiation on price. It is what it is, I’m not selling because I’m broke, so don’t waste my time and I won’t waste yours.

I can provide more pictures as necessary, so please message if required. I’m happy to take pictures of whatever you like.

Shure Beta 52 - £70 - This microphone is probably the most beat up mic I own. It has been a workhorse. It’s missing it’s badge, the washer that holds it in place disintegrated many moons ago(a common problem on the non ‘A’ versions of these mics) and it’s a little rough around the edges. That said, it still sounds great on a kick. Good on it’s own, good paired with other mics.

Shure Beta 57A - £100 - been on snare drums it’s entire working life. Works well for anything though. Comes boxed and with the clip/pouch.

Shure SM57 x2 - £70 each - After the apocalypse, there will be cockroaches and SM57’s.

Shure SM7B - £265 - I’ve used this on a lot of stuff, vocals (obviously), amps, hi-hats, drums. All good. You’ll need a powerful preamp to get enough gain on it. Has a couple of tiny scratches on the input part of the mic, but it does not affect it’s operation. Comes boxed.

Sennheiser MD421 x2 - £265 each - Great mic, does the lot. They have some writing on the boxes and on the mics that was there before I purchased. Think I only used them about 5 times since I got them. Would rather sell as a pair.

SE Electronics R1 Ribbon Stereo pair - £500 - Really like these, especially as room mics on drums. Consecutive serial numbers, boxed in their own hard cases.

Oktava MK-012 Stereo Pair - Michael Joly Modded - £700 - These are great mics, but with the mods done by the very reputable Michael Joly in 2018, shortly before quitting the mod game, they are into Neumann KM-184 territory. These rarely come up for sale (I can’t actually find a pair that have been up for sale) so it’s hard to price them. They come in a nice little wooden box, but the latch has broken, likely an easy fix. I think I still have the original mic clips somewhere, but I honestly can’t be 100% sure. I hated those things. The mics come with the certificate of authenticity from Michael Joly.

I have some other gear that I haven’t had a chance to photograph yet if anyone is interested.

Korg Pitchblack Pro Tuner
Motu 8 Pre
2x CAPI VP312 500 Series Preamps
Fredenstein Bento 6 500 series lunchbox

Have advertised on Reverb and a couple of Facebook groups. I have a high eBay feedback rating that I can link you to for confidence.

Payment by Paypal (Buyer pays fees or pays via F&F) or by bank transfer

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ThomFrippThomFripp Frets: 20
    Hi - how much you wanting for the pair of CAPI pres?
  • jeidjeid Frets: 0
    ThomFripp said:
    Hi - how much you wanting for the pair of CAPI pres?

Hi Tom, I'm looking for £350 each. I have pictures of them, DM me as I'm not on here all that often and I get email notifications. Cheers.