Katana Go I can't hear backing track through my headphones

I've downloaded the app to my phone. The go pairs up with the phone, I've got a yt backing track saved in the session bit of the app, when I hit play the sound comes from the phone and not through the headphones. What am I doing wrong ? The instruction manual is absolutely useless.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• synecdochesynecdoche Frets: 2
    If you're using Android, try opening the Bluetooth menu and make sure the Katana is selected for audio. May well be the same for iOS/Apple!
  • TelejesterTelejester Frets: 743
    Yeah have that sorted and still no sound thru the headphones. If it doesn't let you hear backing tracks, then it is no use to me at all.
  • m_cm_c Frets: 1254
    There are two bluetooth pairings required.

The App only pairs to Katana Go MIDI, which only controls the Go settings.
    To get audio, you need to pair to Katana Go Audio, just like you would to pair to something like a pair of headphones, via your phones bluetooth menu.
    m_c said:
    There are two bluetooth pairings required.

The App only pairs to Katana Go MIDI, which only controls the Go settings.
    To get audio, you need to pair to Katana Go Audio, just like you would to pair to something like a pair of headphones, via your phones bluetooth menu.
    On a smartphone surely you can only pair to one app at a time ?

On a smartphone surely you can only pair to one app at a time ?
    No.
    I've just used Spotify to play through the GO, while changing settings with the app.

The key is that the phone simply outputs audio to the Go's Bluetooth Audio connection, while the app is using the Go's MIDI Bluetooth connection.
    It's no different to how I can play Spotify/Use my van's bluetooth connection, while at the same time my smart watch communicates with my phone.
  • JohnCordyJohnCordy Frets: 651
    @Telejester don't lose hope - if you look up how to connect Waza Air headphones to Bluetooth with a phone, it should be the same process.

I think you have to do it in a certain order? Like connect to Katana Midi first, then katana audio second, but the app should prompt you. 
    I did a playstore search for katana go audio app and got nothing ,whereabouts do you get that app ?
    I have the bts  katana go app installed , the go pairs up fine with the phone. If I go to  bluetooth settings on the phone and select katana go midi, I get a prompt saying I need an app for it. Is there a second app I need to install ? The go was sold as plug and play and I am finding it anything but. I am tempted to send it back if I'm honest.
    Go MIDI requires the app to be off any use.
    Go Audio, acts like any generic Bluetooth Audio device.

If you go into your phone's Bluetooth settings, search for new/unpaired devices, and provided the Go is turned on and the Bluetooth active, there should be another listing for Katana Go Audio.
    m_c said:
    Go MIDI requires the app to be off any use.
    Go Audio, acts like any generic Bluetooth Audio device.

If you go into your phone's Bluetooth settings, search for new/unpaired devices, and provided the Go is turned on and the Bluetooth active, there should be another listing for Katana Go Audio.
    There isn't, not a sign of it
    Page 7 of the Owners Manual covers it - KATANA_GO_eng01_W.pdf (roland.com)

image.png 124.6K
    Tried all this, no sign of katana go audio option anywhere
    Dude thanks so much - I finally got it sorted. 
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6342
    I had the same issue with the near-identical NUX MPPro - at one point, it just would not work, but then somehow all of the relevant settings were right and it was fine. 

I guess there's a security reason why it can't be done with a single button to connect both app for control and BT audio?
    To be brutally honest, the GO actually sounds pretty damned good. Im using the tubescreamer option to boost the lead channel, I played gary moores out in the field and it was really really good. The instruction manual should be on a cardboard roll and mounted in a public toilet cubicle for all the use it is, but this aside, I am really impressed with the sound quality of the GO. I use it with my Sony XM4 headphones in wired mode, and they are a great match. My wife is ecstatic because she cant hear that "bloody racket " I allegedly make.