Saved £1099 today

What's Hot
BrioBrio Frets: 2245
I wrnt into Andertons and tried a delightful Epi 58 korina V.
I'd have bought it except I had my PRS SE DGT with me that I realised sounded better and played better.
I'll never go guitar shopping again without a reference guitar and my Waza Air headphones.
I did buy a Dane mkii and  Strymon Ultraviolet though. So my saving was halved..
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6517
    So you saved 1099, or 549.50?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BrioBrio Frets: 2245
    Well I saved, then spent the other. I may have eventually spent both though. We'll never know. Schrodinger's savings. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 945
    goldtop said:
    So you saved 1099, or 549.50?
    Don’t forget the Anderton’s points accrued. 
    Trading feedback - https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/228538/neilybob

flanging_fed “
    A Les Paul, @ThorpyFX ;;Veteran and the 4010 is awesome at volume, it’s like playing Thor’s hammer!” Ref Marshall JCM800 4010 combo 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2228
    Brio said:
    I wrnt into Andertons and tried a delightful Epi 58 korina V.
    I'd have bought it except I had my PRS SE DGT with me that I realised sounded better and played better.
    I'll never go guitar shopping again without a reference guitar and my Waza Air headphones.
    I did buy a Dane mkii and  Strymon Ultraviolet though. So my saving was halved..
    I love the way the last sentence, makes it sound like it was just a bar of chocolate and a can of coke at the till on the way out. 
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JamesSGBrownJamesSGBrown Frets: 247
    This reminds me of that logic of "lost the eBay listing, so I basically saved X pounds- better bid on something else."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • NerineNerine Frets: 2492
    Always a good idea to take your main guitar with you when trying out others. Really puts things into perspective. 
    That perspective being what you already have is a lot nicer than the piece of tosh you’ve just picked up in the shop. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BrioBrio Frets: 2245
    "Too much. There's too much fucking perspective ."
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TanninTannin Frets: 5998
    Nerine said:
    Always a good idea to take your main guitar with you when trying out others. Really puts things into perspective. 

Tattoo this on your forehead.

In more detail, always take whichever of your current guitars is most similar to the one you are thinking about buying. (If you are thinking about buying a Les Paul, take your SG, or whatever guitar the LP is likely to replace. Taking (say) a Strat might not be all that helpful.) 

If for some reason you can't take your own guitar in, ask to play something similar to it that you are familiar with. That gives you a known point of reference. With your ears now oriented, you can make good decisions about unfamiliar instruments.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom