Grace Bowers

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 11851
    tFB Trader
    And the great thing about threads like this is they allow one to expand ones ignore list ... thanks chaps :-)
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12657
    She's great and will only get better.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BigsbyBigsby Frets: 3023
    And the great thing about threads like this is they allow one to expand ones ignore list ... thanks chaps :-)
    Maybe you wouldn't need an ignore list if you didn't go around using such brutal phrases as "sour old men ripping the f--k out of a seventeen year old girl" and then utterly failing to justify it when called out. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    edited May 2 tFB Trader
    She's great and will only get better.
    https://youtu.be/U1P8KnZSEtw

it's great that she is getting the breaks and the exposure - seventeen is an exciting age to be ... I just about remember it :-)
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DaiCappDaiCapp Frets: 135
    her first single has a really cool vibe to it... she's a very talented musician with some great licks...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12248
    She can play very well, seems like a nice person. Her playing and style should improve further.

Good luck to her. If she was my daughter, I'd try to make sure she knew that most people who play very well struggle to make a living from music. 

In her case, I'd give it a go as a full-time job, she seems to be getting somewhere. Especially being based around Nashville.

However, for most really good players, I'd recommend having a steady day job, and doing the music on the side. That way you only need to play the stuff you want, when you want.
    The most famous example that I know is Tal Farlow, who mostly worked as a sign painter.

I saw this documentary in the 80s, and it influenced my attitude to music - to approach it as a pleasant hobby.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    She can play very well, seems like a nice person. Her playing and style should improve further.

Good luck to her. If she was my daughter, I'd try to make sure she knew that most people who play very well struggle to make a living from music. 

In her case, I'd give it a go as a full-time job, she seems to be getting somewhere. Especially being based around Nashville.

However, for most really good players, I'd recommend having a steady day job, and doing the music on the side. That way you only need to play the stuff you want, when you want.
    The most famous example that I know is Tal Farlow, who mostly worked as a sign painter.

I saw this documentary in the 80s, and it influenced my attitude to music - to approach it as a pleasant hobby.

A good argument for a universal basic income so that art still gets to thrive in a society where full employment is going to get harder and harder to maintain in the face of automation and AI.  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • InactiveXInactiveX Frets: 321
    She is cool as fuck.
    Don’t follow influencers
    Watch the parking meters
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

A good argument for a universal basic income so that art still gets to thrive in a society where full employment is going to get harder and harder to maintain in the face of automation and AI.  
    yep, not sure why I got a LOL
    Seriously, there are a lot of big-name artists out there, condemned to perform old songs they would prefer to leave behind, because it's their day job.

100+ years ago, most musicians played as a sideline, it seems far more workable to me - we had this blip where mass-media and recording/transmission technologies plus a studio/label system made big stars but excluded most musicians.
    I vote for ending this "become a big star or you've failed" attitude. Good luck to anyone, but the main objective with music should be personal enjoyment.

Certainly a universal basic income could unlock a lot of new art. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BigsbyBigsby Frets: 3023

True, but which will come first, universal basic income, or AI that can generate music that can surpass anything humans are making (in a variety of ways). And what happens to the human relationship with music (creation and consumption) at this point? It's a really interesting topic in its own right and one I've been wondering about a lot lately, but getting a bit off-topic here.
    Bigsby said:

True, but which will come first, universal basic income, or AI that can generate music that can surpass anything humans are making (in a variety of ways). And what happens to the human relationship with music (creation and consumption) at this point? It's a really interesting topic in its own right and one I've been wondering about a lot lately, but getting a bit off-topic here.
    yes, will AI manage that? I like to doubt that, but have no idea
    yep, we can't all be rock stars or the more recent dream - influencers on 6 figure incomes
    might be good to move to music section?
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 25001
    might be good to move to music section?
    I think it's pretty much run its course.  Maybe it could go to P&E since it touched on universal basic income.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2494
    Talented lady.