SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Gretsch 6128-59 Vintage Select Jet, Ibanez Japan GB10 Archtop

What's Hot
tomajohatomajoha Frets: 916
edited May 3 in Guitars £
Two lovely Japanese instruments... 

Gretsch 6128-59 Vintage Select Jet (SOLD)

Bought from @DrCornelius and previously owned by @dazzajl (recycling his pics), a lovely gretsch that I'm sure I'll regret selling but such is life.

Complete with original hard case and case candy. This model has TV Jones classic pickups and a proper Bigsby as standard.

I have put a Compton bridge on it as I'm not a fan of the space controls - ill include both.

Weighs 8lb 6oz

As mentioned in the previous sale it has a wee dink
 on the back of the neck near the third fret as pictured, this has never bothered me but could be easily drop filled. A previous owner has also taken the back of the neck back to satin but this has now mostly polished back up to gloss with my playing (It been my sitting room guitar for a while now so gets lots of play).

Fantastic player, someone wont be dissappointed

£1550 plus postage (at buyers risk) which is what I paid for the guitar + Compton.

Ibanez George Benson Signature GB10 Japan (Fujigen) (SOLD)

Owned from new (2022) exquisite Fujigen build. Compact but still gets the 175 sound and more its become a classic for a reason. Plays like butter, the neck and fretwork on these is next level. Strung with flats.

As new condition other than a tiny white mark on the top of the headstock, see pics.

Comes with amazing robust ibanez case and docs. Seems to be hard to find these in the UK at the 'mo, so save a chunk on an as new guitar.

£2000 plus postage

Based in North Yorks

No trades thanks
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7915
    I also previously owned that Jet, and was asking after it recently.  It’s the best smelling guitar I’ve ever owned. 

I own its sister model, the 53 VIntage Select, also amazing. 

Two questions.  
    Trades/PX?
    and collection from where?

GLWTS

Marlin
  • tomajohatomajoha Frets: 916
    Thanks @TheMarlin and whoops I buried that in between pics

Based in North Yorks and no trades thanks -slimming the herd!
    I would love to have it back, but need to sell something, I bought four guitars this month (foolishly-ish), now have more guitars than hangers/stand. 
    Will list some bits, see if I can make a space for it 

TheMarlin said:
    I would love to have it back, but need to sell something, I bought four guitars this month (foolishly-ish), now have more guitars than hangers/stand. 
    Will list some bits, see if I can make a space for it 

You know it makes sense  ;)
    Gretsch now sold 
  • floeighty2floeighty2 Frets: 159
    Yowsa! That Gretsch sold fast! It did look great though. 
    edited April 12
    Damn.  But also, congrats!
    :)
    It’s going to a good forum type/stalwart so hopefully not out into the ether!
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7219
    I’m not guilty this time ! (I’ve bought it back once already and it’s a lovely guitar)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5789
    I’m not guilty this time ! (I’ve bought it back once already and it’s a lovely guitar)
    As have I. And wouldn’t bet against another go if it comes around again.  :3
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    It’s worth buying it just for the smell. It really added to the experience.  I have the 53VS, which is the dynasonic/TArmond version of this jet, and it
    just doesn’t have that deep rich woody smell that adds more to the experience than you would Imagine. The 53 is my perfect jet, but this 59 is special!
    if has bought it, or likely would have gained a set of Supertrons. Make of that little bit ruder
    Ibanez pending